• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Glad he see's that and well done for admitting that he really did have a poor season.

I remember when he got his one and only goal so early in the season I though great he is going to contribute so much, but little did we know and it was a shame to see the effect it had on Brunnners! 

We all knew what we were getting with Flint. He's an average centre back who usually makes himself worth it by popping up with nearly double figures in goals. 

I'd sell but his value won't be great. He's getting on and he will be on a good contract to.

Hopefully with a more attacking style of play his goal return comes back next season.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

We all knew what we were getting with Flint. He's an average centre back who usually makes himself worth it by popping up with nearly double figures in goals. 

I'd sell but his value won't be great. He's getting on and he will be on a good contract to.

Hopefully with a more attacking style of play his goal return comes back next season.

Club are trying to offload for peanuts aswell. Can't remember who said it on here, but we are brassic

6 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Club are trying to offload for peanuts aswell. Can't remember who said it on here, but we are brassic

We're trying to offload for peanuts because we made so many signings recently that we overpaid for and are currently overpaying.  It's going to be a struggle to get rid of a lot of them so being prepared to let them go cheaply is one way of trying to encourage prospective buyers.  I reckon we'll end up paying the wages of some players we sell, if we end up selling them at all that is.

• Like 1

Really we could do with pulis taking over an upper mid table championship team so we can flog off some of our *** to him. He’d have ‘rudy’ and ‘flinty’ I think.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We're trying to offload for peanuts because we made so many signings recently that we overpaid for and are currently overpaying.  It's going to be a struggle to get rid of a lot of them so being prepared to let them go cheaply is one way of trying to encourage prospective buyers.  I reckon we'll end up paying the wages of some players we sell, if we end up selling them at all that is.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why those that authorised the purchases are still in a job I don't know. They are clearly unfit for the job.

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Heard there arent many suitors for them either. Even at 3m a piece

26 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Heard there arent many suitors for them either. Even at 3m a piece

Most of those we desperately wan rid of only have one year left on their contracts apart from Braithwaite. This means we cant demand much for them but also means we will soon be rid of them as well.

It has all the hallmarks of the start of the Mowbray era, we were stuck with the Strachan buys who were overpaid and not contributing enough on the pitch. 

It feels like we need to shift half of the current squad before we start again, I think Woodgate is the new Mowbray who'll be used as the fall guy while the club rebalance the books. 

You wonder if we actually learnt anything from the Strachan era. 

Britts DR Congo out of AFCON. Lost on pens. Britt did not take one as he was subbed off at ET. 26 days left before Luton so enough time I hope for him to rest up and be involved.

6 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Did Britt have holidays before afcon or is he still due to be away?

He posted lots of holiday pics so I would guess he did go away already yeah.