oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Just now, Tom said:

They're a fans group who sit in the North stand (Block 15 if memory serves). They occasionally do flags and banners, but aren't really as impressive as the Red Faction. 

Ahh okay, I've never been in the North stand so that's probably why I've never heard of them. Red Faction I agree do some brilliant displays and they come across as a decent group of lads from the time I've spent in the South stand!

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Twe12th Man have official links with the club as well, so they have some benefits, such as their own designated bar in the stadium, which stays open and plays music after weekend matches.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tom said:

Twe12th Man have official links with the club as well, so they have some benefits, such as their own designated bar in the stadium, which stays open and plays music after weekend matches.

I forgot to ask if the bar was related actually! I didn't know it was an exclusive thing tbh, thought it was one you could book (shows how much I know haha) I did read somewhere on here a while back that some of the lads left that group and started the Red Faction but not sure how true that is.

The website is so radged. My mate logged in half an hour early, got our tickets in his basket within a couple minutes, and then he couldn’t click checkout... Tickets then sold out... But then suddenly he was allowed to buy the tickets! Utfb what a day 

hopefully they’ll make it a lot smoother cause that was real stressful 

20 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Luton tickets sold out in 10 minutes

Think there was a fault with the new system. People on Twitter are saying to keep refreshing the page.

3 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

The website is so radged. My mate logged in half an hour early, got our tickets in his basket within a couple minutes, and then he couldn’t click checkout... Tickets then sold out... But then suddenly he was allowed to buy the tickets! Utfb what a day 

hopefully they’ll make it a lot smoother cause that was real stressful 

Yeah I had very similar issues... Got in early enough but just wasn't letting you go to checkout as saying maximum number exceeded. Got sorted in the end though. 

It's not surprising but every time one of the players give these kind of interviews this summer is it just me or do they always seem to give a thinly veiled criticism of the previous regime? To me it really shows just how unhappy the camp was and it goes to show that pulis had lost the players by the end - though I think that was obvious on the pitch.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

It's not surprising but every time one of the players give these kind of interviews this summer is it just me or do they always seem to give a thinly veiled criticism of the previous regime? To me it really shows just how unhappy the camp was and it goes to show that pulis had lost the players by the end - though I think that was obvious on the pitch.

I don't think I'd describe Britt's as thinly veiled ?

I think with someone like Britt, it's clear the regime didn't suit him and he already showed how he felt about that publicly, looking back at when he got subbed for Friend and then we lost. He didn't throw a tantrum, just sort of sighed. Players are allowed to feel like they're not at their best or being given the opportunity to show they're as good as they are. But after an initial spell of Britt seeming like he might down tools just after Pulis was appointed, he's picked himself up and got on with it. He has ever since. In a world with players like Braithwaite who just don't bother trying to adapt and only play for themselves in those situations, you kind of have to appreciate players like that (even if it's entirely what they're paid to do).

Overall, it's great to hear someone like Britt so positive about these things. He's not George Friend who tries to invoke positivity and appreciation into everything they do. He's more publicly emotional about the way he feels. I remember after the Ipswich game last year that was on tele and the Sky fella asked him if he can go on and keep scoring the goals, his response was tinged with determination but little happiness. Simply "Why not? Why couldn't I do that?"

Now when they're speaking to him, he's got a massive smile on his face, that cheeky grin that Bausor would kill for, he's not trying to prove anyone wrong, he's hoping to repay faith and enjoy himself.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think with someone like Britt, it's clear the regime didn't suit him and he already showed how he felt about that publicly, looking back at when he got subbed for Friend and then we lost. He didn't throw a tantrum, just sort of sighed. Players are allowed to feel like they're not at their best or being given the opportunity to show they're as good as they are. But after an initial spell of Britt seeming like he might down tools just after Pulis was appointed, he's picked himself up and got on with it. He has ever since. In a world with players like Braithwaite who just don't bother trying to adapt and only play for themselves in those situations, you kind of have to appreciate players like that (even if it's entirely what they're paid to do).

Overall, it's great to hear someone like Britt so positive about these things. He's not George Friend who tries to invoke positivity and appreciation into everything they do. He's more publicly emotional about the way he feels. I remember after the Ipswich game last year that was on tele and the Sky fella asked him if he can go on and keep scoring the goals, his response was tinged with determination but little happiness. Simply "Why not? Why couldn't I do that?"

Now when they're speaking to him, he's got a massive smile on his face, that cheeky grin that Bausor would kill for, he's not trying to prove anyone wrong, he's hoping to repay faith and enjoy himself.

Britt's a really good lad.

I've said on here before that I have a friend of a friend who knows him quite well, he was always happy here, never actively looked to leave, his only problem was ever with the manager. He still ploughed on and eventually forced his way back into the team ahead of Pulis' favourite. I genuinely can't believe the stick he gets off some of our fans given how good his attitude has been throughout the whole thing.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Will said:

Britt's a really good lad.

I've said on here before that I have a friend of a friend who knows him quite well, he was always happy here, never actively looked to leave, his only problem was ever with the manager. He still ploughed on and eventually forced his way back into the team ahead of Pulis' favourite. I genuinely can't believe the stick he gets off some of our fans given how good his attitude has been throughout the whole thing.

Clear difference in attitude between him and Braithwaite. Britt got his head down and worked hard to force himself into a team that didn't suit him. Whereas Braithwaite jumped ship at the first opportunity.

• Like 4

I agree. Can't fault his work ethic. It has been obvious the squad weren't happy with the Pulis regime but I'm hoping we'll have a much more exciting season with a more attacking set up (hopefully a couple of more players too) I genuinely think he'll bag more goals this season under Woody. We need more players like him in the side, great attitude and I think it will help in the dressing room!