oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Morning Chaps, 

Thought I would finally make the jump and sign up after following the forum for the last few years.

It’s refreshing to see the majority of the fan base getting behind this new regime in wanting it to succeed, hopefully it doesn’t turn sour if we don’t hit the ground running.

I’m under no illusion Woodgate was the cheap option and has his hands tied with transfers etc.. the main thing is though that the right type of players are being targeted and signed to suit the new Direction which the club and fans alike have been crying out for.

The business we have done up to now I think has been very shrewd with cutting the wage budget massively while keeping the optimism amongst the fans here’s to hoping we can manage to keep hold of the big 4(Wing,Randolph,Fry,Assombalonga) while adding some more depth to the squad and I think that is the best we could have asked for particularly when Woodgate was announced and everybody was already writing the season off as a disaster.

Anyway ill rambling on now just thought I’d give an overview of my thoughts on the current situation, I’ll look forward to the conversations to come and here’s hoping to a few more signings and a solid performance Friday with 3 points in the bag!

• Like 9
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, BG93 said:

Morning Chaps, 

Thought I would finally make the jump and sign up after following the forum for the last few years.

It’s refreshing to see the majority of the fan base getting behind this new regime in wanting it to succeed, hopefully it doesn’t turn sour if we don’t hit the ground running.

I’m under no illusion Woodgate was the cheap option and has his hands tied with transfers etc.. the main thing is though that the right type of players are being targeted and signed to suit the new Direction which the club and fans alike have been crying out for.

The business we have done up to now I think has been very shrewd with cutting the wage budget massively while keeping the optimism amongst the fans here’s to hoping we can manage to keep hold of the big 4(Wing,Randolph,Fry,Assombalonga) while adding some more depth to the squad and I think that is the best we could have asked for particularly when Woodgate was announced and everybody was already writing the season off as a disaster.

Anyway ill rambling on now just thought I’d give an overview of my thoughts on the current situation, I’ll look forward to the conversations to come and here’s hoping to a few more signings and a solid performance Friday with 3 points in the bag!

A warm welcome to the forum and good first post.

There are many "ramblers" on the forum so you are in good company.

Look forward to further contributions and again welcome! (what took you so long?)

34 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

A warm welcome to the forum and good first post.

There are many "ramblers" on the forum so you are in good company.

Look forward to further contributions and again welcome! (what took you so long?)

Thanks, I think it must be this new found positivity around the club at the moment feels like we are maybe starting on a upward curve, (learn to walk before we can run and all that ?)

Squad numbers will be announced on Thursday, for those who care about that sort of thing. Optimistically, I'd say that it's so late because we'll have a few more faces in by then, and that's the latest we can do it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Why would britt change his number?

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

this was only meant as a joke, given the rumours up until he returned from AFCON

Credit to the club for improving the service and even lowering the price. 117 quid is a very good price. Thought the home match streaming was top notch last season. 

• Like 2

One more question, and I appreciate that this is probably a daft one.

But it's not possible to share a subscription with someone is it? I assume you can't watch on two devices at once?

48 minutes ago, Tom said:

One more question, and I appreciate that this is probably a daft one.

But it's not possible to share a subscription with someone is it? I assume you can't watch on two devices at once?

Pretty sure it only allows you to use one instance at a time, if your using the same type of device. E.g. 2 Windows based systems,Or 2 chrome logins. 

Not sure on Windows /chrome and app though 

If anyone went to the meet the coaching team at the Riverside this evening can you kindly add on here what was said by JW if you get the time. Thank you

At the meet and greet. We get to ask questions soon. But so far 

Woody says promotion is the aim this season , definatley more signings, the coaching team have a real connection and you can sense everything and everyone is moving on the same page. Woodgate says he won't be one of these managers who plays for a point he will attack every team. His standout player from pre season is Hayeden Coulson again reiterated he can play Lb, lw, rw. He mentioned he suggested to Pulis last year that Hayden could play but Pulis wasn't interested so sent him on loan which Woody admitted Hayden didn't do well on loan. 

• Like 2