oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 minutes ago, Ash said:

Which stand do you all usually sit in at the stadium? I ask because I'll quite possibly have met some of you before!

Sat block 29a north east lower corner for around 7 or 8 year until they introduced the family zone, then moved to block 28 north lower for 4 year, then moved to the west stand block 84 for 3 year, this season we are moving into the north west corner block 87, tried to find seats as good as our first spot for years we only moved from 29a because of kids being up and down every 5 minutes, west was a great view but the atmosphere is dire, saying that there was games last season when we had nothing to get excited about and even the south had lost interest for long periods, hopefully find the right balance this season, tried the south west from time to time but it just doesnt seem right for us sitting that end and shooting towards us first half after well over a decade of being in the north end.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Sat block 29a north east lower corner for around 7 or 8 year until they introduced the family zone, then moved to block 28 north lower for 4 year, then moved to the west stand block 84 for 3 year, this season we are moving into the north west corner block 87, tried to find seats as good as our first spot for years we only moved from 29a because of kids being up and down every 5 minutes, west was a great view but the atmosphere is dire, saying that there was games last season when we had nothing to get excited about and even the south had lost interest for long periods, hopefully find the right balance this season, tried the south west from time to time but it just doesnt seem right for us sitting that end and shooting towards us first half after well over a decade of being in the north end.

I think the north stand is the only one I've never been in haha. I agree with you about the atmosphere, everyone was fed up last season and rightly so! Will probably be a lot better this season if yesterday night is anything to go by! Looking forward to it and I hope the seats are better for you!

• Like 2

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/report-and-photos-boro-u23s-1-aston-villa-u23s-0

Heard this was a great performance all round the way Hackney started for the U18s in their preseason Im not shocked he's putting in great performances for the 23's and cup games just carrying on the end of last season when he was thrust in a reminder he's 17 years old his progression is beyond u18s for me he seems set for the 23's the 1 main chance he got in pre season in Austria just looked a bit weak on the ball I think Woody thought the same. 

A recent addition to the U18s is England U16 winger 16 year old Joe Ridley anyone looking for an attacking prospect coming through keep your eyes on Ridley throughout the season I think he's getting fast tracked through fairly quickly I don't like putting pressure on the really young ones but Ridley's got some buzz around him.

Tldr: Academy doing real good, almost scarily good.

• Like 1
On 8/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, Ash said:

Which stand do you all usually sit in at the stadium? I ask because I'll quite possibly have met some of you before!

17 in the North usually, sometimes 19.

Covered the game. Quite a low key affair up until injury time but some nice interplay from Boro at times. Both teams passing out from the back. 

Game turned with the introduction of Isaiah Jones and Sam Folarin in the second half. They brought electric pace on both wings which pinned Villa back. Jones speed won the penalty at the death when he blitzed passed his full back and was subsequently hauled to the floor. Neatly put away by Ben Liddle.

A decent start for the Boys!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Proper angry tbf mate, deffo need a calm down. The music is cringeworthy 

76% of fans seemingly disagree with you. Bit of fun, innit.

Though I preferred it when we randomly blasted a bit of Song 2 about 30 seconds after the opposition kicked off and were on the attack.

God knows who is picking the rubbish they play in there, doesn't fit with the demographics of the fans. Goal music takes away from the noise from the crowd and I much prefer coming out to Seven Nation Army!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Goal music is shocking tbf. Pig bag is also a horrendous song to come out to.

Good job we don't technically come out to Pig Bag then.

(We come out to Perfecto Allstarz - Reach, which is a remix of Pig Bag by Paul Oakenfold. Interestingly QPR also come out to it, I wonder who ripped off who? I know we've been using it since we moved to the Riverside.)

22 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

(We come out to Perfecto Allstarz - Reach, which is a remix of Pig Bag by Paul Oakenfold. Interestingly QPR also come out to it, I wonder who ripped off who? I know we've been using it since we moved to the Riverside.)

Google is suggesting that QPR started using it in 1998. The source which gave that info (a QPR forum) says we ripped it off them, but that doesn't seem to fit with when we started using it as we moved to the Riverside in 95.

(Yes, I'm bored...)

50 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If you want to be even more pedantic, you could say we come out to Reach Up (Papa’s got a brand new Pigbag) by Perfecto Allstarz.

But yeah, think it’s a poor song to come out to. A pretty anonymous song that is only played due to its popularity coinciding with the Riverside’s opening.  Doesn’t help that QPR come out to it as well - as if it didn’t already lack individuality. If we’re to come out to a song, surely it should be something that has some link with the area/club. Maybe something by Chris Rea.