• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

What might be a better idea is to have a card that isn't a season card, just a cheap membership card which keeps track of your ability to attend each match.

We are exploring the introduction of Members Cards which would ensure entry would be the same as for Season Card Holders and see cards automatically activated for games, alleviating the need for collections.

?

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Also, is this how the Season Card works for cup games? i.e. if I buy my ticket online with my connected account, will it just activate my card for tomorrow night's game?

Yes that has been the case in the past for me.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, boroie said:

Any highlights? 

Karanka's PR lady would send stories about him to the local press (Gaztte, BBC Tees, etc) without realising he's friend with a lot of  the guys.. so they'd tell him immediately what was going on but the club wouldn't allow him to respond to any of it.

He spoke very well. Lots on Karanka..

• Like 1

Imagine if Karanka was a people person... not stubborn, but good at man management. Then he would hav been fantastic. Cause his results were pretty good and the Riverside was a fortress. 
Everything felt right untill the first fall out up to that (was it Rotherham) game!

Very easy for Downing to cite specific things after they have happened The whole Stoke and Palace mentions. In my opinion he comes across as a bit arrogant, someone who wasn't in the team as there were better players available and didn't like it.

I was pretty excited when he first signed for us, as in the 10 role at West Ham he was very good. But it became apparent quickly that the system we would play under AK would not suit him. Which then posed the secondary question of whether he was actually AK's first choice option. Which from the interview it is clear he wasn't. 

One thing that did really stand out for me was when he was talking about the whole contract situation. He seems to have been very annoyed at the club themselves and it does not paint the club in the best of lights. 

My opinion of stewy went down listening to that. Just sounded so entitled, like he had a divine right to be playing. No real recognition that people were booing him because his performances weren't up to scratch.

10 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

My opinion of stewy went down listening to that. Just sounded so entitled, like he had a divine right to be playing. No real recognition that people were booing him because his performances weren't up to scratch.

I thought this, bit of a victim complex almost. How can he say he had 'a lot of arguments with every single manager he's played under' and then make out like Karanka was picking on him for no reason

Was very very average in his stint here for how much he cost and did Karanka even want him, it's pretty much established Gibbo was the one who brought him in

Karanka's the best manager we've had for years and probably will still be our best recent manager in the years to come, the chairman bringing in players that the manager either doesn't want or know about just never works really and maybe if AK had it all his own way it'd have never got to the stage of him walking out and who knows where we'd be right now 

• Like 2

I mean incredible by Downing, easy to forget he was 1 of 3 senior players who had enough of Aitors training methods when we were in the Prem claiming to the chairman we'd get relegated Aitor needed to go (This was March we were already done) unless even the Karanka sacking story was made up PR?

People's only defence of Downing devolved down to expectations you'd expect from League 1 players he keeps the ball and runs around alot with no pace left in his legs. He needs to look at himself he was on the pitch plenty under Pulis and Karanka he was bang average big disappointment especially now he's going around Tarrentire and Radio Tees looking for sympathy.