• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Criticising Stewey for his performances is one thing and justified; criticising him because a manager didn't treat him like an adult is another thing entirely.

Goodness he's opinionated, yes. But what's wrong with a player going into a manager's office and asking why he's not in the team? Not like he said it out of expectation, as he said he was doing it to figure out what he can do better, what he's doing wrong, the whole retrospective nature of how we learn as professionals and I'll tell you for a fact I've dealt with that myself, people who will take action against you and your career but won't tell you what you've done wrong when they do it. It's rank bad people management if you can't speak to your people about what they're doing well or not doing well with if you're specifically taking actions against them.

"I don't need to explain myself to you"? How old is he, 12?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

What good is all this going to do now? All he's done is paint himself whiter than white. If Downing had any class he'd have kept quiet instead of churning everything up.

If what he says is true, there are ways people go about things in football that are much worse than speaking for yourself on public radio. Karanka using a media person to spread *** about Downing? It's a big allegation, I'm not saying it's true but you can understand entirely why you'd be so frustrated if it is that you want to set things straight. If someone spread *** about me in my industry, you can guarantee I'd want to set the record straight too. He's also telling a story that enhances some people's views on how the club is run from the top so I'm surprised more aren't jumping on that. The stuff regarding his contract is embarrassing.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I thought this, bit of a victim complex almost. How can he say he had 'a lot of arguments with every single manager he's played under' and then make out like Karanka was picking on him for no reason

Was very very average in his stint here for how much he cost and did Karanka even want him, it's pretty much established Gibbo was the one who brought him in

Karanka's the best manager we've had for years and probably will still be our best recent manager in the years to come, the chairman bringing in players that the manager either doesn't want or know about just never works really and maybe if AK had it all his own way it'd have never got to the stage of him walking out and who knows where we'd be right now 

Probably because he's opinionated. Opinionated people debate things a lot. Welcome to a forum where exactly that happens. Would you start calling me a nob-head behind my back because I disagreed with you on something? Funny how throughout his career, only one manager comes up as someone who simply didn't deal with him as a professional should. Also funny how so many want to throw Downing under the mud as if he's not dealing with this situation very well and Karanka comes out smelling of roses in some people's eyes despite publicly losing his ***.

You won't find me sticking up for anyone in bringing in players who the manager doesn't want. And yeah, Karanka may well have been our best manager in recent years. He also left behind with a history of a few moments where he lost the dressing room, one where he literally walked out. Just because he was the best we've had all round does not mean he gets a free pass on handling any situation how he wants. Everyone wants Gibson to start taking credit for his mistakes despite a lot still appreciating everything he has done over the years. If what Downing says about Karanka is even close to the truth then I'd have bloody hated working with him too from his position, best manager or not.

• Like 1

Out of interest, has anyone else come out and publically criticised how karanka managed his team?

I seem to remember a very tight knit bunch for the majority of his time here (premier league season with massive influx in players aside) and an atmosphere of wanting to run through walls for him from MOST of the squad.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Out of interest, has anyone else come out and publically criticised how karanka managed his team?

I seem to remember a very tight knit bunch for the majority of his time here (premier league season with massive influx in players aside) and an atmosphere of wanting to run through walls for him from MOST of the squad.

I'm sure in a recent presser Woodgate praised him?

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'm sure in a recent presser Woodgate praised him?

I don't think he praised his man management. He praised his organisational skills. That can barely be questioned, we had the best defence in the Championship by far with him in charge.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think he praised his man management. He praised his organisational skills. That can barely be questioned, we had the best defence in the Championship by far with him in charge.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure he mentioned Aitor's professionalism too. Which would go against what else has been said. I think everyone on the forum acknowledges that Aitor had short comings in terms of man management.

1 minute ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I could be wrong, but I'm sure he mentioned Aitor's professionalism too. Which would go against what else has been said. I think everyone on the forum acknowledges that Aitor had short comings in terms of man management.

I mean a large part of the accusation from Downing is how he's been treated as an individual. Again from experience, just because a person treats most people professionally does not mean they do it with them all. Just because Adam Clayton or George Friend don't throw him under a bus does not mean Downing is wrong.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I mean a large part of the accusation from Downing is how he's been treated as an individual. Again from experience, just because a person treats most people professionally does not mean they do it with them all. Just because Adam Clayton or George Friend don't throw him under a bus does not mean Downing is wrong.

That's the key word in all this. Ultimately the only people that really know the truth are AK and Downing. We have just listened to an hour long interview from Downing's perspective. I'm sure if BBC Tees have Aitor on, his hour long interview would probably contradict what Downing has said.

I don't think either is completely without fault.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

That's the key word in all this. Ultimately the only people that really know the truth are AK and Downing. We have just listened to an hour long interview from Downing's perspective. I'm sure if BBC Tees have Aitor on, his hour long interview would probably contradict what Downing has said.

I don't think either is completely without fault.

Now that would be painful just listening to Aitor for a few minutes was bad enough, just imagine trying to understand what he was saying for an hour:classic_wink:

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

Just got an email through from MFC, effectively saying anyone effected by ticket collections last Saturday will be able to get a ticket for a future home game free of charge. 

Very good gesture by the club in my opinion. Frustrating on the day to miss half of the 1st half. But this is a good idea to rectify the issue.

• Like 4