• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Why?

They'll get them in, or they won't, and it's not Woodgate's responsibility unless they choose not to come because of Boro's results.

I agree, not everyone is that rational though. He will get it in the neck regardless of his involvement, I can just see it now "we identified targets in August and still didn't sign them" ect

And if anything, that should come back to bite the people responsible. If we're that prepared for January (and given our intention to avoid spending a few weeks ago, you'd have to assume we are) then I think the expectations for January have gone up and indeed, that doesn't land on his shoulders. Though I also don't think Moose is far wrong in saying some will think it does.

16 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

If we get to January and we are muddling along in mid table, then they wont spend money. Only if we are in danger of going down will they bring players in. Its as easy as that!

I think the club might be more likely to spend if we're somehow in the upper echelons of the division come January. If they think play-offs are a reasonable goal and we look good against teams around us, we add one or two more and push for it. I also think that's the only reason they'll keep our best players.