oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, ABH said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/victor-orta-believes-hes-most-16818524.amp?__twitter_impression=true

“I'm smiling down the phone and saying 'Okay, but I don't think Middlesbrough will let me go'.”

I though pulis forced bamford out.

Bamford was obviously very happy to leave. Getting 10 million for him was good business imho.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Will said:

I just don't understand how it could be the case. If they'd got so wankered on a Thursday that they had to call off a game on the Saturday I think Gibson would've sacked Robson on the spot. Gibson/Lamb first contacted the FA at 10am on the Friday before the game was due to be played on the Saturday, I don't see why with this amount of notice the club doctors/medical team couldn't have had any hung over players on saline drips to re-hydrate them long before kick off.

Fair enough, probably rubbish then.

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

Bamford was obviously very happy to leave. Getting 10 million for him was good business imho.

Pretty funny that they fed him the line about wanting him to be their main striker. Also laughing at the fact they thought they'd taken away our best player.

But, no sour grapes from me. I'm indifferent towards Orta anyway.

What else is interesting is Leeds decided bamford was there number target so Orta called bamford to see if he would be interested in a move.

Isn’t that tapping a player up?

24 minutes ago, ABH said:

What else is interesting is Leeds decided bamford was there number target so Orta called bamford to see if he would be interested in a move.

Isn’t that tapping a player up?

Thats a valid point! 

Just thinking about the amount of players we’ve had in last couple of seasons deemed not good enough by either the manager or the fans who are now regulars in teams doing much much better than us. Besic playing for Sheff Utd tonight, Harrison, Foreshaw, Bamford all in the starting 11 for Leeds most weeks. Fredericks a regular for West Ham. How do we keep getting it so wrong? 

Even Orta who many supporters blamed for our PL failure is an integral part of the Leeds set up.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

Just thinking about the amount of players we’ve had in last couple of seasons deemed not good enough by either the manager or the fans who are now regulars in teams doing much much better than us. Besic playing for Sheff Utd tonight, Harrison, Foreshaw, Bamford all in the starting 11 for Leeds most weeks. Fredericks a regular for West Ham. How do we keep getting it so wrong? 

Even Orta who many supporters blamed for our PL failure is an integral part of the Leeds set up.  

Sometimes players can suit one team, style or manager and not another. Sometimes players gel well with other players better. 

Saying that though, I can't think of too many players who have come here and made their previous clubs scratch their heads. Maybe Besic the first time, Gaston and Bamford in his last couple of months with us? 

You know when we signed Harrison on loan I thought we had him on a 18 months loan deal so understood why Pulis never played him as was allowing him to settle but then summer came around and he was off what a waste of a half season wage and probable loan fee

for those who can't sleep or just like to see old games on TV.....Boro v Spurs from 1975 on BT Sport 2 at 4 am....Big Match Revisited...probably not lead game cause we hammered them ......Erimus might have match report