• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Interesting, he's done well at Darlington from what I've heard. It would be strange to recall him without intention of getting him involved. Injuries to Fletcher and Gestede may have forced his hand. Maybe more injuries we don't know about?

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Interesting, he's done well at Darlington from what I've heard. It would be strange to recall him without intention of getting him involved. Injuries to Fletcher and Gestede may have forced his hand. Maybe more injuries we don't know about?

He's scored 4 goals in the National League North from what I can see?  Looks like he might be in the squad though so good luck to the lad if he gets a chance.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's scored 4 goals in the National League North from what I can see?  Looks like he might be in the squad though so good luck to the lad if he gets a chance.

I heard the Darlo manager talk about him on the radio the other day and he had plenty of good to say about him. Still, Darlo are where they are, good luck to him if he gets a chance indeed but quite a step up!

4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If you're just looking at league games then it's a record of 16 without a win held by Karanka (10) and Agnew (6) 

A lot of the other bad runs tended to have a win thrown in somewhere.  Someone mentioned Robson before Venables, we only went 9 without a win but 8 were defeats, we'd only won two games all season and we hadn't won a home game at all heading into December.  Southgate managed 14 without a win during the season we went down so that's the longest with just one manager but we never lost more than 3 in a row during that run because we drew some games within it.  During 96/97 we went 12 without a win prior to that Blackburn game and the season before that we also went 13 without a win, which featured 10 defeats.  Fun times!

CT. You are a top man. Thanks for that. Seems 14 is the record held by 1 manager then. That being Southgate. Dont think we lost more than 2 in a row under JW.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

7 goals in total he's also got 3 in the FA Cup

• Like 2

I think he'll keep his options open unless we can offer him the same or a very similar wage. He's still one of the best centre-backs in the league, sentiment will only go so far. He might not even need to go that far to get the same or a better wage. I suspect the contract will run out, time will pass and, assuming we're still in the Championship, then in a couple of weeks after he leaves there'll be rumours of us still negotiating with him before he signs for Leeds.

I agree with you, there are plenty of nearby clubs who'd be able to offer him a decent wage and currently aren't facing a relegation battle with a threadbare squad.

He probably wouldn't even have to move house if he signed for one of the other Yorkshire clubs.

3 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I agree with you, there are plenty of nearby clubs who'd be able to offer him a decent wage and currently aren't facing a relegation battle with a threadbare squad.

He probably wouldn't even have to move house if he signed for one of the other Yorkshire clubs.

Careful now! You'll start an argument about whether Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire or not. I've seen it happen before (admittedly on less cerebral forums than this one.)

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Careful now! You'll start an argument about whether Middlesbrough is in Yorkshire or not. I've seen it happen before (admittedly on less cerebral forums than this one.)

It's no problem, it's an indisputable fact.

It was nice of Huddersfield to give our away fans £10 tickets for a Yorkshire derby.

Middlesbrough were nice enough to offer our fans 2 for the price of 2 for the coming "Yorkshire Double".