• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Randolph has just posted "People talk a lot about stuff they know nothing about!" on Instagram, so I'm guessing he actually is still injured but he might be fit for one of Ireland's game. Which was the situation laid out by the club and in the press when he was injured in the first place.

He's probably *** off by people bringing his character in to question with their own made up conspiracies.

It's actually laughable that people think he would pretend to be injured for two solid months, even if he did want to secure a move in January. He would need to play and play well to stay on the radar.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Like 3
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Randolph has just posted "People talk a lot about things they know nothing about" on Instagram, so I'm guessing he actually is still injured but he might be fit for one of Ireland's game.

Probably *** off by people bringing his character in to question from their own made up conspiracies.

Agree Teacider. He has never been anything but professional for us and has never let us down. Now he gets a minor injury and his character gets called into question. The Ireland game is 12 days away which means he has a better chance of making it than the QPR game in 2 days time.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, if an international team want to call a player up then they can even if he's injured.  They obviously want him for the Denmark game if he is good to go by then so they are taking a chance in the hope that he'll be ready.  He's clearly injured but he's only missed three games for us anyway.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm not saying Randolph is pretending to be injured.

The club, on the other hand...

What point are you even trying to make, mate, that the club are pretending he's injured? For what exactly? I know some of what we do is beyond belief but I really struggle with what you're trying to say on him, here.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

What point are you even trying to make, mate, that the club are pretending he's injured? For what exactly? I know some of what we do is beyond belief but I really struggle with what you're trying to say on him, here.

I'm saying the club are ready to push him out of the door as he's our only saleable asset and are keeping him from playing because they see Pears as his successor.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm saying the club are ready to push him out of the door as he's our only saleable asset and are keeping him from playing because they see Pears as his successor.

It seems a bit of a stretch, to say the least. I don't really see how that benefits anyone right now. I'm assuming you'd accept that theory is debunked should he come back into the team?

Either way, the idea that the club would look at our current position in the table and think it was reasonable to take out our one consistently great player for the sake of earning a few quid in a couple of months time (even though I imagine that money would be forthcoming otherwise anyway) and to push a young lad into the limelight before that window opens, whereby we could potentially see that he isn't good enough yet and that Randolph would need replacing as much as we need to bolster other positions... *deep breath* ...is surely beyond even the levels of stupidity we've shown over the last few years.

I believe this is what Blanco may have alluded to:

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/scouting-report-randolph-hopeful-of-denmark-appearance

Manager McCarthy has spoken to Randolph and offered this update to FAI.ie: “Darren is hopeful at this point in time that he will be fit to report in with the rest of the squad on the Sunday ahead of the New Zealand game.

“The Denmark match is three weeks away still and Darren is confident that he has enough time on his side to get over the injury and play for us in the game that can get us to the Euros.

This report was from over a week ago. It was always the plan to call him up and it would appear Randolph himself has always acknowledged the injury otherwise he surely wouldn't be talking about the Denmark game, but the New Zealand one. There really doesn't seem to be any conspiracy to it at all.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I believe this is what Blanco may have alluded to:

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/scouting-report-randolph-hopeful-of-denmark-appearance

This report was from over a week ago. It was always the plan to call him up and it would appear Randolph himself has always acknowledged the injury otherwise he surely wouldn't be talking about the Denmark game, but the New Zealand one. There really doesn't seem to be any conspiracy to it at all.

Exactly @wilsoncgp. It has been no secret over here that Randolph won’t be fit for the first game but is hopeful of the important one against Denmark. The fact that Kieron Westwood hasn’t been included in the final squad suggests to me that Randolph will be ok for the Denmark game as he was the only other experienced keeper in the squad 

Some people on here literally spend their life trying to create drama for Middlesbrough. It’s genuinely sad, don’t you have anything better to do? 

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Get in the bin m8. The lads been called up for international duty, if he’s fit he’ll go, if he’s not he won’t.

• Like 1

Stoke are set to appoint Michael O'Neill as their new manager tomorrow. Will take over once next weeks internationals are done with.

Got me thinking that Stoke were very keen on Paddy when we signed for him. Wonder if they come in for him in Jan now O'Neill their boss. I accept i could be putting 2 and 2 togerher and getting 5 here mind...