oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

5 minutes ago, northern boro said:

The Gazette haven't confirmed nor denied the Warnock rumour yet. 

Wonder if they'll mention it or will the club ban them from talking about it?

They're usually all over any rumour, no matter the substance, so I think it'll be telling that they're toeing the line if they completely ignore this one.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Didn't Pulis mentor him last season?

One of the main arguments for Woodgate on here in the summer was that he was learning from Pulis and being really hands on with the first team.

If Woodgate wasn't ready or still isn't ready now then he shouldn't have been given the job in the first place.

And how do you know if he's ready or not if he isn't tried in the position? If they now think that his appointment was a bit premature, it might make sense to bring in an experienced mentor now to nurture him a bit further.

6 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Yes, Middlesbrough have paid over the odds for certain players and may not be getting value for money but you can't turn the clock back. Mistakes that have been made can't be unmade.

No Phil, you can't turn the clock back. But it would be nice if the local paper had some bloody spine to question why we did that in the first place, why we spent so much on Gestede, Guedioura, Shotton, Flint and Saville just as a few examples. You don't get to complain about FFP and needing to meet the demands by pointing the finger at other clubs who aren't suffering for it.

• Like 1

Makes me quite sick tbh. Must be the only club in the league that is willingly accepting failure and allowing the manager to get away with effectively being tactically inept. 3 wins in under half of the season is absolutely appauling, especially given the performances we put in for those wins too. 

I know people don't like Warnock, but I would have been much more happy and confident with him and charge and even probably found some excitement to go to games again, but under Woodgate were just sinking at the rate of knots. 

Just confirms to me too, that Woodgate is indeed bullet proof. 

• Like 1
Just now, northern boro said:

"As they should" 

Why?? We look abject. Are people genuinely convinced that when these players are back from injury that were suddenly going to turn out to be absolutely fantastic? Even when he had a full team to turn to we were getting outplayed week in week out. 

How many teams do people genuinely know of where failure is totally accepted and 3 wins is deemed as ok? 

• Like 2

There is a total lack of ambition at the club litteraly accepting failure trying to build up to the January window when we all know we'll be lucky to get some more League one 20 year olds who we throw into the deepend is outrageous!

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

There is a total lack of ambition at the club litteraly accepting failure trying to build up to the January window when we all know we'll be lucky to get some more League one 20 year olds who we throw into the deepend is outrageous!

Considering the rumours that we pulled deals on PL loans cause we didn't want to pay the fees I'd be amazed if we even sign any League 1 players whatsoever! 

• Like 1

Not sure why anyone would be shocked that warnock would be our option to replace woodgate - we tried our best to keep pulis so why would we not want the next best thing at the first possible opportunity. Christ man, this club.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Not sure why anyone would be shocked that warnock would be our option to replace woodgate - we tried our best to keep pulis so why would we not want the next best thing at the first possible opportunity. Christ man, this club.

😡

Mental, isn't it?

1 hour ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

That may be so, the club's hand may be forced in an effort to keep us up. However, abandoning our supposed new direction less than 6 months after it was announced would be an embarrassment. All this would really highlight to me is the club's failure to commit to the new direction in the summer. They gave us rhetoric and nothing else. Frauds, the lot of them.

We're not abandoning a new direction though. The stuff that was said in the summer was obviously something grasped out of thin air. We look completely aimless both on and off the field. Shambles in every departmant. Gibson took the cheapest path possible and that is about the only new direction we can muster.

Signing Pulis wasn't the fault per se. It was the timing of signing him. Had we signed him in january while in the prem it would have made sense. If we signed him now to help us avoid relegation it would make sense. It didn't make sense to sign him when we wanted to get promoted let alone extend his contract af that abject playoff debacle. It was clear to everyone (almost) but Gibson that you don't sign Pulis to win promotion. You sign him not to lose to relegation.  Signing Warnock now on a short term contract to make sure we aren't relegated will make sense as the season is over anyway in regards of moving forward. It's damage control from now on and Woodgate isn't the answer for that. 

Warnock won't be a long term answer, just like Pulis shouldn't have been, but he is one of the better answers if we want to avoid the complete disaster of relegation to League 1. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Sigh

I know the club have the gazette by the balls but oh my god. ‘It’s no use crying over spilled milk’. What a total lack of respect from the Gazette, no journalist can wash their hands with this degree of manipulation. Fans are frustrated with the ineptitude at the top of the club. Yes, the club seems to be trying to right those wrongs, but the same people remain in charge and have given fans little faith they have the knowledge to turn it around. As far as most fans are concerned, the milk continues to spill. This article rebuffs all the subsidiary concerns fans have whilst completely failing to acknowledge the problem that underlies them: the poor decisions made by people at the top of the club who remain in place. 

• Like 3