• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Hmm on one hand I'm glad reading the news he was wholly unqualified in my opinion but on the other hand feels like there's something more to this it's conveniently tucked just before Christmas and we're a week away from a supposedly crucial transfer window and our recruitment head's either jumped ship or more likely been shoved overboard.

I just want his replacement to not be from the area, have some sort of track record in the role and preferably be a full on outsider I don't want Gibson's pals, Woodgate's former teammates or a former Boro player to get it. Who am I kidding it'll probably be a bloke who's all of the above...

• Like 1

Does the fact that the club have published a press release for this hint that there is a bigger change incoming? 

This feels like ones of those changes that wouldn't normally be announced to the public otherwise.

10 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Exactly, noone will be taking that role but someone may well be filling a role with a different title?

Erm so Bevington was head of recruitment operations a new role replacing the old role of head of senior recruitment (Gary Gill) who then was placed as head of UK recruitment.

So if the Gazette are right by my hierarchical interpretation our new senior recruitment manager is Gary Gill again, I don't know anymore with us it seems silly but to me it's Bausor/Gill era again yay.

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Erm so Bevington was head of recruitment operations a new role replacing the old role of head of senior recruitment (Gary Gill) who then was placed as head of UK recruitment.

So if the Gazette are right by my hierarchical interpretation our new senior recruitment manager is Gary Gill again, I don't know anymore with us I really don't to me it's Bausor/Gill era again yay.

This is just my thoughts but I can see Bausor going soon as well

I’ve personally been baffled at the handicap we’ve caused ourselves with recruitment over the past few years.

Signing Centre-Midfielders when that was already by far our strongest position. Whilst the lack of pace and width in the team is absolutely criminal and has been for a long time with the exception of Adama and Albert. No Boro fan can make any sense of the signings of Gestede, Saville etc for WAY overpriced values.

Openly said I think Gibson should move the club on but this is a positive step which needs to be followed up with Bausor and Gill or it’s utterly pointless. 

13 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

This is just my thoughts but I can see Bausor going soon as well

Bevington I thought was some sort of go between for the FA and media reports  in earlier times.

Nothing at all to do with the actual football although it says on his cv he as worked with top names. Well yes he probably told the papers what they can print.

As for Bauser the quicker that he leaves the more happier I will be unless of course Steve Gibson is going to give the job to his gardener or cleaner then we are totally screwed

11 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Bevington I thought was some sort of go between for the FA and media reports  in earlier times.

Nothing at all to do with the actual football although it says on his cv he as worked with top names. Well yes he probably told the papers what they can print.

As for Bauser the quicker that he leaves the more happier I will be unless of course Steve Gibson is going to give the job to his gardener or cleaner then we are totally screwed

Pretty sure thats how bauser got the job in the first place. He was Gibbos dentist, gibbo took one look at his pearly whites and thought "that's what I want to see every time we sign a player"..