oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Lots of criticism for Bausor. But do any of you actually know what the scope of his job was? It sounds like Gibson is making every decision anyway so Bausor is just there for the day to day stuff. Is it really fair to criticize him? Do you expect something to change if a different ceo was hired?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Lots of criticism for Bausor. But do any of you actually know what the scope of his job was? It sounds like Gibson is making every decision anyway so Bausor is just there for the day to day stuff. Is it really fair to criticize him? Do you expect something to change if a different ceo was hired?

Taken from the Boro website. 

Given the state we are currently in, in terms of day to day running of the club, finances AND recruitment, I'd say he's underperforming in his current position

Screenshot_20191223-150801_Chrome.jpg

If I was Bevington I'd be incredibly unhappy with how the club has operated. He was told to bring in a "golden thread" throughout the club and align new signing to fit into a new youthful, attack-minded, high pressing football with our fullbacks getting forward.  We were expected to make this transition within just one transfer window despite us working within a tight budget and us desperately lacking quality from the wings. We tried playing the new style in the first few weeks of the season under Woodgate but he was absolutely out of his depth and we looked a disorganised mess, so the new signings understandably struggled. 

Then Woodgate switched to a more organised shape of 3-5-2 in a style comparable to Pulis - the guy who we were planning to move away from. However, the new signings were obviously not suited to play a completely different style of football that we were aiming for, so  and we have even played Howson ahead of Dijksteel prior to his injury. The fullbacks were just left exposed when we tried to play in the new style in the first few weeks of the season. Also, I've seen nothing from any of our new signings of Dijksteel, Bola and Browne to indicate that Woodgate is a good coach. Them three had the likes of Bristol City, Brentford and Derby very interested in them so they were clearly doing something very right before we signed them. The first two look like they need to be coached and moulded in the way that Friend struggled with the basics of defending under Mowbray but soon learned very well under Karanka. but they have so far not got that sort of manager in Woodgate.

The club have probably blamed Bevington for the poor signing but he has probably been of the view that the unrealistic timeframe of one season to transition away from Pulis' style on a tight budget, only for the head coach to switch tactics dramatically - back to Pulis II tactics - within a few weeks, and with a head coach who is learning on the job has left him incredibly frustrated as it is clear that Gibson should not have appointed Woodgate or aimed to make the transition within one transfer window. So all-in-all I'm sure Bevington will be incredibly frustrated at Gibson's role in it.

And for us fans, it's probably going to be more of Steve Gibson's inability to put a successful plan into action.

• Like 1

I think the trouble is the club signed Bola, Dijksteel and Browne all have decent raw attributes. The issue is they require coaching something Woodgate simply isn't very good at. Therefore I don't know how the club is going to be successful in this money ball type of recruitment, while Woodgate is manager. As there is a reason we get them for cheap because they aren't the finished article. Therefore require intense coaching abit like Traore it took him about 3 years until eventually the penny dropped now he's mint. Just don't have faith in Woodgate to be able to train players too any great degree!

Edited by DurhamRed
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, p_mards said:

If I was Bevington I'd be incredibly unhappy with how the club has operated. He was told to bring in a "golden thread" throughout the club and align new signing to fit into a new youthful, attack-minded, high pressing football with our fullbacks getting forward.  We were expected to make this transition within just one transfer window despite us working within a tight budget and us desperately lacking quality from the wings. We tried playing the new style in the first few weeks of the season under Woodgate but he was absolutely out of his depth and we looked a disorganised mess, so the new signings understandably struggled. 

It will be interesting to see what January brings regarding incomings to see if this is correct. If we are going for tried and tested and loans then you are probably right. That said, it seemed to me like a job had been made for him. A role that we really dont need. I could understand a position of DoF, though not Bevington, but head of recruitment?  Now it looks like Woodgate > Gill > Bausor > Gibson. That to me lacks something, though I didn’t see how Bevington improved it.

16 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

So Bevington mutual separation meant Sack. The Golden thread he spoke about had one slight problem... it never involved Woody. Even him coming out with I have Djiksteel.and Bola in my presentation was club PR. Woody now has final say on players...

So the players brought in over the summer weren't Woodgate choice? If so I can definitely be more tolerant of him going forward. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Woody now has final say on players...

Hmmm. I can't decide whether that's good or not. It's a change from what it was, which seemingly wasn't good. But now it's down to Woody to judge if a player is good enough or not? Not exactly a definitive improvement but it's up to him to prove one way or another.

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

So Bevington mutual separation meant Sack. The Golden thread he spoke about had one slight problem... it never involved Woody. Even him coming out with I have Djiksteel.and Bola in my presentation was club PR. Woody now has final say on players...

In that case, is a DOF looking unlikely?

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Still think you will see a DOF but I think it will be in the new year and Woody will have a big say on it

Personally I think it's a good change. Not convinced if it'll make us better or worse but let's be honest our recruitment for years has been shocking.

At least this way Woodgate has no excuses, lives or dies by his sword.