oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

the trouble with things like this is you always end up saying "how many would get into the team of the 70s/90s/00s etc" and for most of us fossils the answer is very few....but the whisper is we are all going to experience a new Golden Age....so maybe the team of the 2020's will be worth seeing................

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Fletcher's goal is great but I think it's a bit mad that he's pipped everyone to goal of the decade and I think there may be a bit of recency bias for that. Bamford vs. Millwall had much more going for it, in my books. In fact, I think a few of the goals are probably better than that one, as good as it was.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Fletcher's goal is great but I think it's a bit mad that he's pipped everyone to goal of the decade and I think there may be a bit of recency bias for that. Bamford vs. Millwall had much more going for it, in my books. In fact, I think a few of the goals are probably better than that one, as good as it was.

You wont beat that goal against Millwall for me, was like watching Brazil in the build up to that. 

I note Birmingham beat Blackburn in cup today meaning our home league game with them on 24th Jan will need to be rescheduled irrespective of if we beat spurs or not.

The slight blessing in disguise if we lose tomorrow is our players get 2 weeks off after Fulham game on 17th Jan. Much needed as majoirty played a lot of football over a short period of time. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I note Birmingham beat Blackburn in cup today meaning our home league game with them on 24th Jan will need to be rescheduled irrespective of if we beat spurs or not.

The slight blessing in disguise if we lose tomorrow is our players get 2 weeks off after Fulham game on 17th Jan. Much needed as majoirty played a lot of football over a short period of time. 

Ah ha! but you have not considered the irony of us beating Spurs and then getting Brum in the next round! 

On 1/1/2020 at 11:59 AM, OldManGravz said:

You wont beat that goal against Millwall for me, was like watching Brazil in the build up to that. 

That was a thing of beauty and definitely gets my vote too! For anyone who hasn't seen it/can't remember:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alan Dunne and Dan Harding probably never recovered from being slaughtered for that goal. Dunne comes out and tries to win the ball from Tomlin and ends up on the other side of him, then Kike's dummy... oof.