oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

43 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Does anyone know if we’ll get more tickets once the intitial 3.7k allocation sells out for the spurs replay? 

Joke of an allocation 

I always thought you had to get like 10% of the stadium or something

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Boro’s home game against Birmingham City has been moved from  Saturday 25th January will now take place 4 days earlier on Tuesday 21st January 7.45pm kick-off.

The move is due to Birmingham getting through to the FA Cup 4th round

1 minute ago, northern boro said:

Boro’s home game against Birmingham City has been moved from  Saturday 25th January will now take place 4 days earlier on Tuesday 21st January 7.45pm kick-off.

Lovely 3 games in 7 days. At least if we get knocked out by spurs we get an extra rest.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Cant believe club has agreed to that given how many games we playing. Just finished playing 5 games in 15 days and now we are going to play 4 in 10 days. Idiots. 

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Cant believe club has agreed to that given how many games we playing. Just finished playing 5 games in 15 days and now we are going to play 4 in 10 days. Idiots. 

How does it work with rearranging - do the club have much of a say in it?

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Replays are such a pain in the ***. If both teams agree that the tie can be resolved by extra time and pens (or just pens) then they should be allowed to do so. 

Why do you say that?

The more matches the better as far as I’m concerned. 
Replays are also an extra source of income for smaller clubs.

4 games in 10 days isn’t going to derail our push to finish top half is it?

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Why do you say that?

4 games in 10 days isn’t going to derail our push to finish top six is it?

Fixed that for you Billy

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Why do you say that?

4 games in 10 days isn’t going to derail our push to finish top half is it?

Each to their own, but it's just a game I don't really want or care about. Sunday's game was fun but I'd have preferred it to have gone straight to penalties and had a definite winner. We'll have two days rest ahead of a Friday night game with Fulham that I'm more interested in. 

Cup games just feel like reserve football these days, I find them totally bland unless you get a proper mismatch i.e. non-league vs a PL side. And I agree on the income for smaller clubs point - hence why both teams would need to agree to scrap a replay. 

All about opinions, but I'd hate to see replays abolished as they have been in the League Cup. I also can't agree with the comment about the FA Cup becoming a reserve competition. Bigger clubs who make lots of changes generally lose (unless they're Liverpool), which gives the underdogs a better chance.

If you don't support one of the privileged elite, a cup run represents one of the few possible paths to glory, and clubs have entered folklore on the back of a great result or good run. I can still remember hearing Bradford had beaten Chelsea in 2015, on the same day we beat Man City. That was a magical match, and Kike's face when he scored remains one of my fondest memories as a Boro fan.

Plus, if replays didn't exist, there'd be no away day next week where our fans get to see Tottenham's swish new stadium. And we wouldn't be live on BBC One.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

All about opinions, but I'd hate to see replays abolished as they have been in the League Cup. I also can't agree with the comment about the FA Cup becoming a reserve competition. Bigger clubs who make lots of changes generally lose (unless they're Liverpool), which gives the underdogs a better chance.

If you don't support one of the privileged elite, a cup run represents one of the few possible paths to glory, and clubs have entered folklore on the back of a great result or good run. I can still remember hearing Bradford had beaten Chelsea in 2015, on the same day we beat Man City. That was a magical match, and Kike's face when he scored remains one of my fondest memories as a Boro fan.

Plus, if replays didn't exist, there'd be no away day next week where our fans get to see Tottenham's swish new stadium. And we wouldn't be live on BBC One.

I agree, or if it was the other way and we drew at Spurs, it would have been a good home replay for the fans to look forward to instead. The buzz of the FA cup is a big one for a lot of clubs and as you state majority of fans away from the PL top 6 would be overjoyed to get to the final let alone win the FA cup in their lifetime. 

I think from the 5th round the replay has actually been abolished this year to free up league fixtures which was brought forward from it's proposal of starting next year instead. 

• Like 2