oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

To be fair, he only turned up there yesterday. I'd say that's a great show of faith but ultimately a pretty risky call to put a young, inexperienced centre mid in for his debut the day after signing.

(I suppose we could also have asked for him to start a percentage of games between now and the end of the season, perhaps with other outgoing loans too)

Edited by wilsoncgp
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Another man of the match performance from Browne again today. Credited with 2 goals v Blackpool. Is league one his level or was he trying too hard here?

Liddle subbed at half time in 3-1 loss.

I think he just needs to calm down as when he came on a few times he saw it as a massive opportunity to impress so he definitely did try too hard that made his game fall.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I think he just needs to calm down as when he came on a few times he saw it as a massive opportunity to impress so he definitely did try too hard that made his game fall.

Definitely agree with this. 

I was reading Steven Gerrard say about Jordan Jones that Jones tried to impress rangers fans by flying in to tackles etc v Celtic when what will impress the fans is assists and goals. I read it thinking this seems to be Browne issue too. 

I like his enthusiasm but he needs to channel it to playing football and not being stupid and rash.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

Just Shotton playing today. Friend spending another week training.

Was just about to post this. Be good to have Shotton back. An experienced and versatile option on the bench.

Glad we not rushing Friend back. U23s got another game on Friday so maybe he being targeted for that game.

15 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I said that earlier in the season that he's trying too hard to impress which is why he keeps getting booked and sent off. 

He just needed managing a bit better off the pitch. 

Whether he's good enough to play at our level is a different conversation. 

1 minute ago, BoroYorkie said:

Vossen not a fan of Downing 👀 

DE48826B-0841-4771-84FF-FCF985F0C308.jpeg

I remember Lee Tomlin's comments about Downing. His first words to Tomlin were I've come here to play number 10, which Tomlin sounded like he wasn't overly impressed with. 

Maybe Downing wasn't the most popular man in the dressing room after all. 

Have to say that declaring hating Stewart Downing as an 'unpopular opinion' on Twitter seems like a misnomer. Maybe in the wake of yesterday when nobody else actually cares to hate him anymore because he doesn't play for us, perhaps. But he was hardly loved in his second spell here.

11 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Would vossen and downing have ever crossed paths here? Downing joined the summer after Jelle's loan spell ended.

No they didn't but I'm guessing Vossen stayed in touch with a number of our players. 

I'm the biggest Downing 2nd spell critic ever butttttt I'm going to say a flash in the pan mediocre 1 season Vossen commenting on a bloke who took Boro to a European final is pretty bizarre and shouldn't really even be a thing at all?

Honestly if Clayton or Friend who've been here 14 years between them come out and subtlely comment on Downing I'd take it on board but Vossen what is he even doing it seems bizarre.

See Joe Gibson on the bench for the 23s today he's been brilliant for the 18s not really got beyond a cameo for the 23s yet he might be in for a breakout at that level in the next few months one to watch now Jones has vacated a wing position in the team.

• Like 1