oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

21 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

Would have been happier if it was longer. Kind of means we have to make a decision on him in a year and a half whether to sell or try to get him to sign another one.

Hopefully we'll be in a much better position to offer him a longer contract then!

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Excellent news on spence. 1 down and 4 to go imo.

1. Pears: 3yr deal

2. Ayala: 3yr deal

3. Friend: 1or 2yr deal

4. Howson: 2yr deal.

Rudy can go.

Marv and Clayton if terms are right are good squad player but at same time if they leave its no biggie imo. Clayton can be useful in games where u want to keep it tight / nullify oppositions main attacking threat. He did that v well v WBA and funnily enough i think he could be useful v Brentford away this weekend.

I'd give Ayala 2 years max because of his injury record. Howson similar but only because of his versatility.

Friend can join Shotton, Marv, and Rudy out the door. Been a good servant to the club but we have both Coulson and Bola there now, and his injury record isn't getting any better.

Clayton I would consider keeping around another year or two as an experienced head, if the money was right, but again his contract is up next summer (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and he'll be 32 then, in a position we are decently stocked in once Howson and McNair are back from their defensive duties, so it may be worth cashing in this summer and looking for a replacement 

I was debating Ayala on 2 or 3 yr but as Wilson said he not that old.

Also i did google his injury record i did not its not as bad as i imagined. In every season bar the PL season he has made over 30 league appearances every season. This season he on 25 and by time he back he should again clock over 35 odd. 

Missing 10 games a season not ideal but if difference between him staying and not staying is an extra 12mths i would give him 3yrs. Won't find a defender of his calibre that easily imo

Like maybe in a couple of years time, with the benefit of hindsight, we could look back on it as a mistake if he's struggling to stay fit and not producing good displays any more. However, I think based on what we've seen and what we actually get out of him, as long as the price is right I'd be happy enough to give him 3 years.

1 hour ago, OldManGravz said:

I'd give Ayala 2 years max because of his injury record. Howson similar but only because of his versatility.

Friend can join Shotton, Marv, and Rudy out the door. Been a good servant to the club but we have both Coulson and Bola there now, and his injury record isn't getting any better.

Clayton I would consider keeping around another year or two as an experienced head, if the money was right, but again his contract is up next summer (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) and he'll be 32 then, in a position we are decently stocked in once Howson and McNair are back from their defensive duties, so it may be worth cashing in this summer and looking for a replacement 

I pretty much agree with all of this, except a few bits; Ayala on a 2 year deal with an option of a 3rd. Obviously Ayala has to be open to a deal of that sort.

I'd also offer Friend a year deal, he'd be a really good player to have in the squad for the younger lads. Next season will also be Coulson's 2nd full season at this level and Bola is still relatively untested at this level.

I'm almost certain Clayton signed a new deal in our prem season that is due to end in 2021. I don't think after his current deal we should extend his contract. But things may change next season.

20 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not too bothered if we can't tie Ayala down as i've heard that we do indeed have an option to buy Moukoudi in the summer. Also pretty confident we'll get Gibson back in the summer too.

If thats the case and Moukoudi plays well gotta think the team would be serious about getting him under contract after investing in him with the loan. Also with Fry under contract you'd have your starters in position already. 

As you've mentioned Gibson, would you then take the Ayala money and use it toward a Gibson contract? Youd have 3 top quality CBs along with Coulson and Spence, Bola, and potentially Howson. Looks like some good depth and quality starters. 

6 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

If thats the case and Moukoudi plays well gotta think the team would be serious about getting him under contract after investing in him with the loan. Also with Fry under contract you'd have your starters in position already. 

As you've mentioned Gibson, would you then take the Ayala money and use it toward a Gibson contract? Youd have 3 top quality CBs along with Coulson and Spence, Bola, and potentially Howson. Looks like some good depth and quality starters. 

I would imagine this is the way the club is looking at it, yeah. Personally it annoys me that we always seem to lose Ayala around this time of the year, he may be one of if not our best defender but i'd rather have someone in who can be relied on.

I think the clubs accounts come out this month. This will cover period where only Pulis was in charge I think. Period between May 2018 to May 2019 so the £43m we got for Adama Gibson n Bamford and the £17m spent on Paddy, Flint n Sav.

3 hours ago, CanadianBoro said:

I agree if this happens Fry, Moukoudi and Gibson is quality defense for the championship