oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

For me I would like Ayala to be a 2 year deal plus the option of extending it. I think this season has shown how good he is and I think he would be a massive loss for us if he did go.

That said Gibson, Fry, Moukoudi plus Wood could be great for us. My concern  though and  by playing devils advocate is with those 4 you have one unproven in Wood, Moukoudi who hasnt played in this league, Fry who hasnt had a great season (although massive potential) and Gibson who hasnt played for a large chunk of the last couple of years. Dont get me wrong I'm all for Gibson coming back but what's to say he doesnt do a "Wheater" in not fulfilling the promise he showed. Ayala for me has been our standout defender he offers the presence at the back and I worry will be a massive loss for us if we dont manage to keep hold of him. 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Excellent to hear about Spence signing a new contract. As for Ayala, given any contract offered would be on lower terms, I'd be happy to offer him one even with his regular injuries. Two years plus option of third would be ideal, but if it's a lower wage for three, that'd be fine too. I know people are saying Moukoudi and Gibson might be permanent deals in future but we haven't actually bought them yet so can't count on those deals being done until they're signed and sealed (especially with Gibson and Burnley). 

One extra note - I wouldn't be surprised if Ayala has other offers on the table too. He's a good defender for the league, we might not be able to keep him if some of the others on Premier League money want him. 

11 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I agree if this happens Fry, Moukoudi and Gibson is quality defense for the championship

If Moukoudi shows he can handle the Championship it would be a quality set of defenders, however I'd like us to move back to four at the back and neither of those three are going to want to sit on the bench. Might do a Pulis and play Fry at RB which I'd hate. Maybe sacrifice Fry if there are any big offers. That deal could maybe fund signing Gibson and Moukoudi and extending Ayalas contract. However, if Moukoudi proves himself alongside Fry we could have a very special partnership as they are both young.

13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Hello @DanFromDownSouth. I think it was established earlier this season that Claytons contract expires this summer BUT there is an option in the clubs favour to extend that by a year if they wish. 

Yeah I've shown that link from the Boro site before. It is strange to announce a contract to expire one year after it does without announcing the option to extend. Quite confident that you'll extend so much that you won't have to talk about it, I guess.

But given his contract terms are something we'd likely want to reduce if he is to stick around, I suspect we won't exercise the option and would rather renegotiate or let him leave.

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

If Moukoudi shows he can handle the Championship it would be a quality set of defenders, however I'd like us to move back to four at the back and neither of those three are going to want to sit on the bench. Might do a Pulis and play Fry at RB which I'd hate. Maybe sacrifice Fry if there are any big offers. That deal could maybe fund signing Gibson and Moukoudi and extending Ayalas contract. However, if Moukoudi proves himself alongside Fry we could have a very special partnership as they are both young.

Sit Gibson on the bench he has had plenty practice at it these last couple years 😉

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah I've shown that link from the Boro site before. It is strange to announce a contract to expire one year after it does without announcing the option to extend. Quite confident that you'll extend so much that you won't have to talk about it, I guess.

But given his contract terms are something we'd likely want to reduce if he is to stick around, I suspect we won't exercise the option and would rather renegotiate or let him leave.

Your last paragraph is exactly what i expect to happen. He a useful enough player to have on the right terms. Although i think tje club (and our fans) will feel comfortable enough letting him go if he not agreeable to terms that fit with our new approach

18 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Hello @DanFromDownSouth. I think it was established earlier this season that Claytons contract expires this summer BUT there is an option in the clubs favour to extend that by a year if they wish. 

I didn't realise that it had been confirmed as expiring this summer, was it in the Gazette?
I find it odd that we would announce his contract as ending 2021, rather than suggesting it was 2020 with the option of a further year. Unless as @wilsoncgp suggested we were very confident of extending his contract by this stage.