oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

He is 21, born September '98. Article says he's 21 too.

Not that it matters in the context of the criticism he got, he's still played the same number of games whether he's 19 or 21 and some of the criticism was a bit horrid.

They’ve changed it too 21, was deffo 19 before when I read it haha.

Didnt they do a mistake the other day aswell? Was it Spence’s contract?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Apologies if this has been mentioned but Echo are quoting Woody as having said following about Howson and Friend. "Jonny will be here next season and George i would like to stay". 

Did not mention the other 4 senior players out of contracts but he was not asked about them specifically.

Great news to see Howson and Geroge likely to stay. If Ayala remains then i wont lose any sleep over the other 3 leaving.

29 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned but Echo are quoting Woody as having said following about Howson and Friend. "Jonny will be here next season and George i would like to stay". 

Did not mention the other 4 senior players out of contracts but he was not asked about them specifically.

Great news to see Howson and Geroge likely to stay. If Ayala remains then i wont lose any sleep over the other 3 leaving.

Ayala isn't signing I'm led to believe.

• Sad 2
26 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

To be fair thought Ayala spends half the time injured

To be fair that is a misperception. As i said other day, bar PL season his average appearances record for us is around the 35 odd games a season. Yeah its not ideal on average he misses 10-12  games a season but if he guaranteed me 30+ appearances a season for next few seasons i would be buzzing if he signed up

• Like 1

Let’s not try and spin it in saying that Ayala is now wanting to leave. Obviously I don’t know, but I’d imagine if we offered him a decent contract he’d be happy to stay. 

He could probably double his salary at say Fulham, compared to the rumoured contract he’d be getting here.

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Let’s not try and spin it in saying that Ayala is now wanting to leave. Obviously I don’t know, but I’d imagine if we offered him a decent contract he’d be happy to stay. 

He could probably double his salary at say Fulham, compared to the rumoured contract he’d be getting here.

Exactly this.

He's been an excellent servant for this club, and I'd love him to stay, but he's not from the area and his only real ties here are his job.

If he can get a better paid job down south, in one of the best cities in the world, I wouldn't hold it against him.

He hasn't forced a move, and there's nothing bad about leaving when your contract is up.

• Like 3

If as looks likely that Clayton leaves am hoping one of Liddle/Malley/Wearne can breakthrough next season and replace him.

We look strong in terms of numbers in middle of park with Paddy Wing Tav Howson and Saville. Hopefully one of the above 3 youngsters can replace Clayton.

Full backs with Spence & Dijksteel and Coulson & Bola is good too.

Focus will be on two CBs, some attacking midfielders/wide players and a striker to replace Rudy. Or two strikers if Britt goes.

Sorry, transfer window only shut 6 days ago and I am already planning for August. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1