• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Is this the agency that has a few Teesside born lads in charge of it / work for? It seems a few of our players are signed up with them.

4 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Wouldn't be worrying there mate.. club already planning the summer...

That is good to hear. Hopefully we can accumulate some points over next few weeks and then start looking to the future. I am excited looking ahead so hope club does not burst my optimism by having an unproductive summer.

Shotton and Friend both played tonight for u23s. Shotton played full 90mins. Geroge did get subbed but does not say at what time. Looks like both played as part of back 3.

Of note is that Tyrone ONeill started tonight and scored 2 goals. He was on bench last weekend v Blackburn but assume wont be involved tomorrow. No real surprise given Harold and Ravel in squad.

Nathan Wood did not play tonight but did for u23s on Sunday so assume he travelled with first team tomorrow. 

25 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is this the agency that has a few Teesside born lads in charge of it / work for? It seems a few of our players are signed up with them.

Yeah, I saw Dom Shaw retweet that and thought it was relatively interesting. If nothing else, it probably means he has one eye firmly on his future beyond this season. I would (perhaps mistakenly) presume that SMI have a decent relationship with Boro and maybe this is a positive in terms of Ayala wanting to get the best deal possible here whilst staying on Teesside. On the other hand, it could just mean a fraction of that statement; he's wanting to get the best deal possible anywhere and I've little doubt plenty of the Boro players would have recommended SMI for either of those scenarios.

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, I saw Dom Shaw retweet that and thought it was relatively interesting. If nothing else, it probably means he has one eye firmly on his future beyond this season. I would (perhaps mistakenly) presume that SMI have a decent relationship with Boro and maybe this is a positive in terms of Ayala wanting to get the best deal possible here whilst staying on Teesside. On the other hand, it could just mean a fraction of that statement; he's wanting to get the best deal possible anywhere and I've little doubt plenty of the Boro players would have recommended SMI for either of those scenarios.

The first part of your thinking were my thoughts too @wilsoncgp. The boro players SMI represent seem to have signed long term deals with club in recent times.  Maybe just putting me 2 and 2 together and getting 5 as i want Ayala to stay and i am now looking for any bit of news which will feed my wish he might stay.

34 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

The first part of your thinking were my thoughts too @wilsoncgp. The boro players SMI represent seem to have signed long term deals with club in recent times.  Maybe just putting me 2 and 2 together and getting 5 as i want Ayala to stay and i am now looking for any bit of news which will feed my wish he might stay.

I am sure we will eventually offer Ayala and Howson deals. I would be surprised if anything was announced before we secure our championship status though. There is no way they will sign for a league one club. I dont think we will be relegated but I doubt we can offer these pros a decent contract until relegation is not mathematically possible, or is that impossible? I’ve had a drink.

Edited by TAPOUT
3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Shotton and Friend both played tonight for u23s. Shotton played full 90mins. Geroge did get subbed but does not say at what time. Looks like both played as part of back 3.

Friend played an hour, but it was planned that he'd come off at that time.

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Tom said:

Indeed it would seem positive that he got 60 minutes as Woody had said 45 or 60 and I would assume that extra 15 was based on how the first 45 went.

8 hours ago, Tom said:

That is good to hear and I hope that when he is available he can actually offer us something.

With how he has performed over the last period and what with his injury I think GF as a player is nearly finished

40 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Boro u18s just beat Newcastle u18s 4-2 at Rockliffe park. Callum Kavanagh (16) looked VERY sharp. Bagged 2 and assisted 1. Alberto Balde got the other 2. Some good players coming through!

Smogzilla  I saw them a couple of weeks ago at Blackburn, Kavanagh was quite lively in that game too but Balde never seemed to get to grips with things but a lad called Cornet seemed to be involved in everything in midfield and of course Joe Gibson was quite prominent but he played for the u 23 last night.  There were a number of other lads that provided the stability and the platform for these guys

13 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

Smogzilla  I saw them a couple of weeks ago at Blackburn, Kavanagh was quite lively in that game too but Balde never seemed to get to grips with things but a lad called Cornet seemed to be involved in everything in midfield and of course Joe Gibson was quite prominent but he played for the u 23 last night.  There were a number of other lads that provided the stability and the platform for these guys

Aye Cornet featured today and did well. Hes a tricky little lad and the Newcastle midfield struggled to contain him meaning he had lots if time on the ball.

On Balde, one thing  I really noticed watching youth football recently is that young players are extremely inconsistent. They can have brilliant games one week and really struggle the next. The best example of this I can think of is Spence last season in the u23s.  He had some brilliant performances but also dropped a couple of absolute stinkers! 

19 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I think here is the only place I've ever seen the thing that you cant offer a player under contract terms of a lower value. I've never known where its come from, I've never seen any links to a rule of this nature and I have no reason to believe it's true

It came from the past as a couple of people have already stated.  Before the Bosman ruling, clubs used to be able to hold on to a player's registration and make it awkward/difficult for them to leave for another club if they wanted to.  This contract rule was put in place so that a club would still have to pay the player at the previous level he was paid at unless they wanted to let him leave on a free transfer.  In other words, you couldn't offer them a crap contract and still keep hold of their registration.