oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Middlesbrough are a modest 18th but Jonathan Woodgate’s sweet-passing, risk-taking side regularly excite neutrals. Who knows what will happen when the maverick new signing Ravel Morrison gets going in the creative department?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/feb/06/championship-wider-audience-football-league?CMP=share_btn_tw

LOL at this article. Absolutely horrible, but that description of Boro really drives home how bad the article is!

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

i have decided to predict the outcome of our next 9 games  which takes us up to the international break as when we lose I just want the next game to come quickly to improve my mood.

Home games in caps

Wigan - Draw (1-1)

LUTON - Win (2-0)

Barnsley - Draw (2-2)

LEEDS - Lose (0-2. They slump cant continue forever and i think Bielsa will turn it around)

FOREST - Draw (1-1)

Charlton - Lose (0-1)

SWANSEA - Win (1-0)

Hull - Win (1-2)

Stoke - Draw (1-1).

Therefore out the 9 games I see 3 wins, 4 draws and 2 losses. A return of 13 points out of a possible 27. Which will have us on 49 pts as we head in to Easter. #UTB

• Like 1
3 hours ago, boroie said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/feb/06/championship-wider-audience-football-league?CMP=share_btn_tw

LOL at this article. Absolutely horrible, but that description of Boro really drives home how bad the article is!

I do agree that something needs to be done too close about a 8 billion pound gap between the championship and the premiership not too sure if this is the way of going about it

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I do agree that something needs to be done too close about a 8 billion pound gap between the championship and the premiership not too sure if this is the way of going about it

It absolutely isn't.

It's a poorly researched, half arsed article.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

It absolutely isn't.

It's a poorly researched, half arsed article.

Agree how can one get a job as a sports reporter yet know nothing about football it's almost as bad as them lot on Sky

1 minute ago, OldManGravz said:

One of the absolutely worst articles I've ever read.

Poorly researched and only one side of the argument presented. 

I'm not a fan of her ideas or writing 

I haven't clicked the link but i'm guessing it's Louise Taylor?

• Like 1

Woody quoted in today's Gazette as saying both Ayala and Dijksteel are 3 weeks away from fitness.

I reckon both will be targeting home game v Swansea on 14th March once they got a few reserve games under they belt.

Has anyone seen much of Isaiah Jones? St.Johnstone fans raving about him so looked at highlights from our U23’s games and looks rapid, can see him being one of the next breaking into 1st team from the academy next season. 

3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Has anyone seen much of Isaiah Jones? St.Johnstone fans raving about him so looked at highlights from our U23’s games and looks rapid, can see him being one of the next breaking into 1st team from the academy next season. 

must have been a hell of a last 5 minutes (+injury time)

Jones signed a 2yr deal in summer so if he down well on loan might need to tie him down to a longer deal in summer. He definitely could be the next breakthrough given he apparently possesses skills our squad lack.

Also worth nothing that Ash Fletcher could be in to final 12 months of his deal by time summer comes round. I assume he signed a 4yr deal when he joined so he another one we need to tie him down. His contract situation been overshadowed by the other seniors players out of contract in summer n Britts situation.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Gibson is back training at Rockcliffe with Burnleys permission 

Surely he comes to us in the Summer. Absolutely baffled they decided to keep him there, bitter bitter manager and club