oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, DevKWat said:

Gazette just released a report saying Moukoudi is for sale and St.Ettienne want us to sign him permanently in the summer. Him and Gibson would be a class partnership in my opinion 

Gibson and Fry as the starters, Moukoudi as a backup would be a nice 3. Along with Wood and another transfer perhaps would give us some depth. 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Gibson and Fry as the starters, Moukoudi as a backup would be a nice 3. Along with Wood and another transfer perhaps would give us some depth. 

Controversial but I think moukoudi is a bit better than fry currently.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Hate to say it but i said in January that Dyche and Gibson were at logger heads and you wouldn't see him in a Burnley shirt till the end of the season.

As much as id like him back, i have been informed that Ben Gibson has been causing rifts and Dyche has had enough.

Our loan was agreed a week before transfer deadline day but then Watford put a spanner in the works with the permanent transfer  offer and Burnley pulled the plug.  Gibson refused as he only wanted to come back to Boro and thought the deal would be pushed over the line towards the end of the window.

Apparently Gibson went back to Burnley and had another major bust up with Dyche, where Dyche has basically told him hes not welcome at the club.

Apparently his partner never moved with him to Burnley and remained on Teesside and he wants to come back especially with Woodgate at the helm (make of that what you want).

Woodgate isnt going anywhere and the club and preparing for a big rebuild and push next year from what i have heard. Personally i thought it would be another season like this but funds will be made available for a promotion push.

Gibson wants to play football and is being denied that opportunity by a manager who has no intention of playing him, and has now told him he's no longer welcome at the club,  its restraint of trade in any other business, its disgraceful I detest Dyche.

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Based on what I saw yesterday, I think Fry is more switched on and his decision making is probably better but Moukoudi is otherwise a better defender.

That foray into midfield didn't go all too well just before his own goal and the tackle, good lord, he's lucky that the ref adjudged Fry to be close enough to cover or it'd have been an early bath.

8 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Is that based from the play of the last 2 games? Or as an overall player?

Its hard for me to discount what Fry did last year before the injury. If Woodgate would choose a system and stay with it i think our defense can be much better. Either way based off of comments i fully expect Fry to be here next season. If the other 2 are as well it gives us good depth at CB

9 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Sell Fry and tie Ayala down. Fry gives me no confidence whatsoever. Overrated. Sell for 10+mill in summer, and get Gibson back.

There's no doubt Fry has been disappointing since he came back from injury, but I also believe its not all his doing, I sit in the North stand and the amount of times Fry has  been pulled out of position defending the LB spot is ridiculous a prime example was the Birmingham goal, the tallest defender on the pitch pulled out of position trying to stop the cross. I certainly wouldn't be looking to offload Fry,  I still believe there's a good defender in him. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

There's no doubt Fry has been disappointing since he came back from injury, but I also believe its not all his doing, I sit in the North stand and the amount of times Fry has  been pulled out of position defending the LB spot is ridiculous a prime example was the Birmingham goal, the tallest defender on the pitch pulled out of position trying to stop the cross. I certainly wouldn't be looking to offload Fry,  I still believe there's a good defender in him. 

That’s a good point, him playing LCB definitely doesn’t help, but I also think he really is terrible with the ball at his feet. So slow and clunky. 
I just feel he hasn’t improved as much as he should have in the past couple seasons, has he even improved? 
Something about his body language, he seems very timid and shy. Rarely shouts and organises the defence, and even when he goes for headers, he rarely wins them. Any striker half physical he always comes second best, considering he’s quite a big lad. 

I really can’t see his value going up all that much from now. That’s why I’d be obliged to sell.

Hes not a BAD player, but imo Gibson was a far superior defender and leader. Perhaps get Gibson back and play him left side and Fry right side. See if that helps him out.

If we could sell him for 12-15million, imo we could easily replace him without spending half that much.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

That’s a good point, him playing LCB definitely doesn’t help, but I also think he really is terrible with the ball at his feet. So slow and clunky. 
I just feel he hasn’t improved as much as he should have in the past couple seasons, has he even improved? 
Something about his body language, he seems very timid and shy. Rarely shouts and organises the defence, and even when he goes for headers, he rarely wins them. Any striker half physical he always comes second best, considering he’s quite a big lad. 

I really can’t see his value going up all that much from now. That’s why I’d be obliged to sell.

Hes not a BAD player, but imo Gibson was a far superior defender and leader. Perhaps get Gibson back and play him left side and Fry right side. See if that helps him out.

There's no doubt Gibson was a better leader and defender, you would be hard pushed to have a better CB in this league when Gibson's on form. Perhaps Gibson along side Fry might be a good combination, I always believe 2 central defenders alongside each other need to have that confidence and  understanding, Pallister/ Mowbray, Southgate/ Ehiogu, Gibson/ Ayala if you haven't got it  doesn't work regardless of how good one is..    

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Seriously, that arsehole Dyche has never forgiven this club over that 1997 Chesterfield semi final, when the ball went over the line and it wasn't given. The mans a bitter 1st rate ***, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Burnley go on a *** poor run and get relegated.  

It pains me to say it but I think Gibson is more to blame than Dyche

27 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nothing controversial about it.

Could count the good games Fry has had this season on one hand, sadly.

Come on Makoudi has only played 2 games so far so you can't even compare!

Fry is a good player without a question of a doubt but I don't see him improving much unfortunately. He needs to move onto the right cb as well.

Makoudi hasn't overly impressed me so far tbh. Rash in challenges and has given away free kicks in dangerous areas.

Can't blame him for the own goal, but I don't understand the hype over his last 2 performances - I hope to be proven wrong over the course of the season though.

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Gibson wants to play football and is being denied that opportunity by a manager who has no intention of playing him, and has now told him he's no longer welcome at the club,  its restraint of trade in any other business, its disgraceful I detest Dyche.

Bit like what Southgate to Mendieta, Ray parlour and co then.

It happens at every club

This Gibson thing could be simply that Burnley are gone on their winter break for warm weather training and Ben wasn’t invited along so he has permission to train with Boro for the week rather than the Burnley youngsters? There might be no conspiracy at all 

• Like 1