oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I hope Boro charge Burnley for Gibson using our facilities 

29 minutes ago, Blanco said:

This Gibson thing could be simply that Burnley are gone on their winter break for warm weather training and Ben wasn’t invited along so he has permission to train with Boro for the week rather than the Burnley youngsters? There might be no conspiracy at all 

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

It pains me to say it but I think Gibson is more to blame than Dyche

I know that people still hate Dyche and Burnley after 4 years or way beyond but I think Dyche will have had to do something thoroughly unprofessional for it to be his fault. When it comes to breaking contract and having reasonable justification to be aggrieved, it certainly looks like Gibson is in the wrong. Obviously we don't know everything that's happened but I've not even heard a slither of a rumour that Dyche has done something in particular to Gibson other than not play him and unless that's in his contract to be played, his frustrations would almost certainly have to be directed elsewhere.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I know that people still hate Dyche and Burnley after 4 years or way beyond but I think Dyche will have had to do something thoroughly unprofessional for it to be his fault. When it comes to breaking contract and having reasonable justification to be aggrieved, it certainly looks like Gibson is in the wrong. Obviously we don't know everything that's happened but I've not even heard a slither of a rumour that Dyche has done something in particular to Gibson other than not play him and unless that's in his contract to be played, his frustrations would almost certainly have to be directed elsewhere.

No it's because Gibson spat his dummy out and tried to force a move. Fans have short memories and when players have done this at our club then there is hell on

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Yep it happens doesn't make it right, if Gibson refused to play he'd be on the end of a hefty fine and club suspension.

He hasn't played because he's simply not good enough for premier league in Burnley's opinion 

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Based on what I saw yesterday, I think Fry is more switched on and his decision making is probably better but Moukoudi is otherwise a better defender.

That foray into midfield didn't go all too well just before his own goal and the tackle, good lord, he's lucky that the ref adjudged Fry to be close enough to cover or it'd have been an early bath.

Then we might have won, cause he couldn't score an OG then 😛

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

He hasn't played because he's simply not good enough for premier league in Burnley's opinion 

So why stop him returning to the championship? If that is their honest opinion they are entitled to it but to stop him returning sounds vindictive to me. 

19 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Moukoudi is 4mil in summer of wr want to buy.

If he turns out semi decent, then that’s a good price imo. Obviously we can’t judge as he’s only played two games. But he’s only 22 and physically he can cope with the championship, so promising signs early on.

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

What I liked about Moukoudi is he seems to be abit like Mikel with calmness and composure on the ball.

Mikel was awful by the end, largely because he looked like he couldn't be bothered, I'm hoping Moukoudi doesn't go the same route.

There's a fine line between calmness and laxness. I really like the look of Moukoudi, but his mentality has to match his physical performance.

4 hours ago, CanadianBoro said:

edit *Didnt mean to tag you. 

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Mikel was awful by the end, largely because he looked like he couldn't be bothered, I'm hoping Moukoudi doesn't go the same route.

There's a fine line between calmness and laxness. I really like the look of Moukoudi, but his mentality has to match his physical performance.

I honestly think he was trying too hard to impress, at the end of the game the lad looked gutted and I thought it was a nice touch by woody and Leo who went over to him and put an arm round him. 

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

edit *Didnt mean to tag you. 

I honestly think he was trying too hard to impress, at the end of the game the lad looked gutted and I thought it was a nice touch by woody and Leo who went over to him and put an arm round him. 

Not sure of the truth of it, so it could well be rubbish, but some guy on another Boro forum said he was in tears at the end of the match and he was blanked by certain members of the team.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure of the truth of it, so it could well be rubbish, but some guy on another Boro forum said he was in tears at the end of the match and he was blanked by certain members of the team.

I think you could see that at the end of the game, few players appeared to blank him. But not sure if it was intentional. They were just going round doing the usual of shaking the Wigan players hands. 

3 hours ago, Blanco said:

This Gibson thing could be simply that Burnley are gone on their winter break for warm weather training and Ben wasn’t invited along so he has permission to train with Boro for the week rather than the Burnley youngsters? There might be no conspiracy at all 

I did think that but Burnley not gone away. Players were given a few days off and were back training on Saturday for they game v Saints this weekend.

Clearly it is a big fall out because whilst Gibson does not start games he did make bench most weeks so allowing himself to train with us is them saying we can cope without you full stop. That latter part is even more puzzling as all the noises during the window was Gibson could not leave Burnley on loan without a replacement but now seemingly burnley are happy to operate without him being available for selection.