oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

He hasn't played because he's simply not good enough for premier league in Burnley's opinion 

Well if he's not good enough in Burnley's opinion, then you move him on and get him off the books rather than pay his wages to sit on  his *** doing *** all, its not rocket science.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

No it's because Gibson spat his dummy out and tried to force a move. Fans have short memories and when players have done this at our club then there is hell on

I'm really struggling to think of a like for like example.

Have we ever signed a player, not played him for 18 months and then get annoyed that he kicks up and fuss and wants to leave? I know I wouldnt hold it against the player for doing whatever it takes to get out of a club that's essentially ruined 2 years of his prime. It's not a great look but it's an understandable one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not sure of the truth of it, so it could well be rubbish, but some guy on another Boro forum said he was in tears at the end of the match and he was blanked by certain members of the team.

Some of our players blanked Moukoudi?  I don't think he played especially well last night but I'd be surprised if our players blanked him for the own goal.  That would be more than a bit weird.  Sounds like *** to me.

34 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Would be seriously disappointed If players were blanking him when his CB partner and LB were both at fault for the goal... 

Sorry, why were they at fault for the goal?  The ball got played right across the field from left to right.  Coulson was on his man but it got through to him and then they worked an overlap because Wing didn't track their other fella.  Fry had absolutely nothing to do with it and blaming Coulson is stretching things in my opinion.  As with their first goal it's another midfielder not tracking a runner.  It happens over and over again.

As a LB you need to make a better attempt to stop the cross and as a free roaming CB as Moukoudi was marking Kiefer Moore it's your job to cover the space across the front post. That's just my opinion and then If Moukoudi doesn't go for the header and leaves it as Fry did , Moore scores a tap in.

• Like 2

I used to play left back and defensive midfield. As a fullback it is your job to stop crosses coming into the box. As a midfielder you are to watch for the overlap and help the full back. Then then one of the CBs can cover the front post. But because Fry was out of position Moukoudi had to step in, and unfortunately he headed it into his own net. 

But why did moukoudi head the ball? I thought it would be much easier to just boot it away or tap it out for a corner kick. Looked like a very rash decision to try and head it at that hight so close to the goal. On his fee I'd say 4 million like SDS has mentioned is probably right, Maybe a smaller initial fee with some bonuses. They signed him for free just last summer so it's all profit for them which should make it easier to negotiate a decent fee. However if he impresses in the next few months we might be in for a battle. Luckily we are not the most covered team media wise so could go under the radar.

37 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

As a LB you need to make a better attempt to stop the cross and as a free roaming CB as Moukoudi was marking Kiefer Moore it's your job to cover the space across the front post. That's just my opinion and then If Moukoudi doesn't go for the header and leaves it as Fry did , Moore scores a tap in.

The defending for the last goal sums up how a combination of relatively slight errors from a number of players cost us a goal. Wing, Coulson, Fry and a Moukoudi could have worked as a far better defensive unit together. It’s up to the manager to organise them far better than they are under Woodgate. If we were set up in an organised 4-2-3-1 like our promotion season then the LW would have doubled up to protect the LB to do a far better job at stopping the cross ever getting into the box, the left sided CB will have been better positioned to attack the cross at the near post, and the right sided CB would have been better positioned to clear the ball, probably with a glancing header to put the ball out for a corner.

10 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Well if he's not good enough in Burnley's opinion, then you move him on and get him off the books rather than pay his wages to sit on  his *** doing *** all, its not rocket science.

If they had decent offers it wouldn't be rocket science. But he cost them 15 million and massive wages which has turned out to be something like 3 million every game he has played. They are obviously looking for the best deal, and when Watford swoop in with a permanent deal and wages covered they are obviously not going to accept Boro cheap loan. Put yourself in Burnleys shoes. You have a player kicking up a fuss (in my eyes it's more on Gibbos shoulders this standoff) that has cost you a lot of money. They just want the best deal.

To me it sounds like Gibson har acted totally unprofessional and Burnley won't stand for it. He chose to sign for a Prem team knowing that competition is fierce and his manager just doesn't think he is good enough to play ahead of the others. He didn't sign a contract that says he was first choice. Fair enough he wants to leave but at least be professional about it.

If it wasn't because Gibson is a "home-boy" I wouldn't touch him.

7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Lewis Wing forces his way into the Team of the Week with WhoScored because of his two goals undoubtedly. Probably shows reason to be cautious of the stats now and again. 😅

Yeah, as paradoxical as it sounds, he was awful aside from him scoring two 25 yarders. Our central midfielders don’t do the basics of the role we’ll enough. Well, other than Saville who has been brilliant lately.

• Like 1

And when you look at the goals, whilst he's hit both shots relatively well, the deflection off the wall for the first and the keeper's movement for the second would seem to be the biggest contribution in him scoring both goals.

i agree with that @p_mards. I thought Saville was easily the pick off the bunch and none of the other players covered themselves in any great glory. I thought Saville did well in that deeper role and what I like about him there is when he gets the ball his first thought was to look up and try move ball forward. Hope it continues to get better. Paddy been off the boil lately but hoping he can put in a more dominating performance v Luton.

• Like 1