• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Or they're pushing that story in the hope Burnley realise they'll have to lower their asking price/up their wage contribution. We might have a limit we won't go beyond but I'm willing to bet that we're gonna try using the whole situation to our advantage.

Definitely.

4 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Lots of stuff going around ref Gibbo... fell out with Dyche when no transfer materialised and then was sent into U23s but then fell out with the coach there who said he was lazy in training and no wonder he wont make it at Burnley was what I have been told has gone down.

Which goes against everything his former teammates and managers say about him

Season Ticket time:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/breaking-new-ground-202021-season-cards-now-on-sale

Prices are being frozen again for Early Bird Season Cards and we are offering 18-21 prices all across the stadium for the first time.*
*with the exception of the Generation Red Family Zone

Price listing:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/tickets/season-cards/season-card-prices-and-benefits

Riverside 25

To celebrate 25 years at the Riverside Stadium, 25 lucky fans who renew or purchase at Early Bird prices will win the cost of their 2020/21 Season Card, while one lucky fan will win the money-can't buy opportunity to be allocated our official squad number 25 for the season. That's right, you will become part of our anniversary first team squad!

4 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Just running this past anyone in the know, we sold Traore for £18 mill, but did we have  a sell on clause in the contract because the way its going if he moves I think your going to be near the 40/50 mill mark.  

No. It's been confirmed we have no financial interests in any future sale of Traore.

It was a buy-out clause that was met, there was essentially no negotiation involved in the deal once they agreed to pay that, they just paid the price we were contractually obliged to accept and that was that.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

It was a buy-out clause that was met, there was essentially no negotiation involved in the deal once they agreed to pay that, they just paid the price we were contractually obliged to accept and that was that.

A buyout clause can include a sell on % too. But the contract was negotiated by us so wouldn’t have included one.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Forgot about the buy out clause, what a pity, we'd have made a killing.

22 hours ago, Changing Times said:

The problem I have mate is when other players make mistakes but don't get called out on it.  You'd think Howson was one of the world's great defenders if you read this place sometimes but he makes mistakes every game and his basic defending isn't that good (for a central defender, which he isn't of course).  It's just that either nobody cares or nobody sees it.  I actually think it's the former, I just think people care less when some players make mistakes than others.  

I kinda think people don't like it actually.  I think a narrative has formed that Fry isn't very good and that's now how it is.  I don't think he's been amazing this season, I'm certain that he hasn't been, but then neither has anyone else.  The fact that it's possible to define him as statistically our best defender this season and even you, one of the most reasonable people on here (certainly more than I am), isn't that interested in it says quite a lot.  Because, to me, what you're saying is that the good things he is doing matter less than mistakes he makes and more importantly that the good things other people are doing somehow matter more.  I don't think that's fair personally.  If people say Fry is crap in the air and actually he wins more than every other Boro player then that is an important point to make and it shouldn't be ignored.  It's something that simply isn't true but gets presented as though it's fact, presumably on the basis of the one header he loses in a game or whatever.

I'm not sure I do agree with Woodgate on it as it goes.  Like I said, I think Moukoudi could be worth a try over on that side.  I'd say he's more athletic than Fry and he might be able to cope with covering whoever plays on our left side more easily.  It could be worth looking at anyway?

Have to agree a lot with what you have said here mate (for a change).

Fry is the new whipping boy just like how Downing was. It's always been the same with our fans David Wheater, Parnaby, Cattermole just to a name a few were also harshly treated, yet a cb in Makoudi who has had 2 average games receives no criticism when he gives away rash tackles and scores an own goal.

Our fans seem to have massive expectations when it comes to local lads and get on their back very quickly.

Our 'so' called fans are quick to jump on the back of local boys. Wing gets a lot of criticism as well which i believe is unfair as well.

22 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think many if any people don't like it, some people don't respect it for sure but I don't think people care enough about stats or players not to like the narrative stats form on their own.

I do respect the stats for what they are but I also respect what my own eyes tell me otherwise I wouldn't bother judging players at all and I think it takes a balance of both to judge a player. I don't think you're wrong to pull up stats to support your arguments either, I think you do right to do that and it certainly affects my opinion seeing those stats, just as I hope those so incredibly fearful of relegation read through the stuff I posted in the Relegation Battle thread and perhaps eases their mind. It still doesn't tell me enough overall in a couple of paragraphs to override my personal view on his season but I can do nothing but respect factual information as that's what it is and I suspect that will remain true for what I've said elsewhere too.

It's also worth saying that I don't think Fry is a crap player and that's another distinction I'd make between what I've said and others have. I don't think he's had a good season but there's a difference there. I think some have gone too far in saying we should just get rid for example; I think if anything you don't sell a player as young as Fry with as much potential as he has after a bad season playing, in some manner, out of position in a side that isn't collectively defending well.

Have to agree a lot with what you have said here CT mate (for a change).

Fry is the new whipping boy just like how Downing was. It's always been the same with our fans David Wheater, Parnaby, Cattermole just to a name a few were also harshly treated, yet a cb in Makoudi who has had 2 average games receives no criticism when he gives away rash tackles and scores an own goal.

Our fans seem to have massive expectations when it comes to local lads and get on their back very quickly. Our 'so' called fans are quick to jump on the back of local boys but yet give foreign players plaudits when they are not necessarily justified.

I seen Wing get criticism after his 2 goals the other day, when we have been crying out for a goalscoring midfielder for year - Yes hes not the complete package and lacks in certain parts of the game but we should be applauding the good stuff that Lewis wing offers like goal scoring and range of passing.

Stats can be very misleading so i dont tend too look at them much and prefer to analyse on what i seen and i think Fry is a very good cb at this level. On the downside though i dont see him getting much better than he currently is with his age etc.

Very good post though mate

2 hours ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Just running this past anyone in the know, we sold Traore for £18 mill, but did we have  a sell on clause in the contract because the way its going if he moves I think your going to be near the 40/50 mill mark.  

I think realistically it’d take at least double that for Wolves to sell. Such a shame we don’t have anything in that deal.