oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Coulson and Spence are easily replaceable, theY have only made a handful of appearances for us and blown hot and cold.
If Fry wanted to leave, he too could be replaced. CB is probably the easiest position to fill, it’s much more difficult to sign effective forward players at this level and with our financial constraints. 

Oh yeah, tell that to the absolute dross we've fielded at RB over the last 5 or so years. We've basically had a revolving door at RB cause we can't find one good enough to keep. Now we finally have one with great potential and he's easily replaceable?

Of course they blow hot and cold, they're kids!

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Oh yeah, tell that to the absolute dross we've fielded at RB over the last 5 or so years. We've basically had a revolving door at RB cause we can't find one good enough to keep. Now we finally have one with great potential and he's easily replaceable?

Of course they blow hot and cold, they're kids!

Yeah you are right, Brunners, as usual. 

Mussed you x

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Well Patrick Robert's had been agreed to stay next season... bad news that was before the Man City expulsion so that may have changed.

Why would Man City's expulsion have changed whether Patrick Roberts stays? Like, I'm trying to understand who along the chain of connected people and clubs would say "Patrick Roberts' loan stay at Middlesbrough is dependent on City being in the Champions League"? Because the manager might leave? Because some players might leave? I'm confused.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Why would Man City's expulsion have changed whether Patrick Roberts stays? Like, I'm trying to understand who along the chain of connected people and clubs would say "Patrick Roberts' loan stay at Middlesbrough is dependent on City being in the Champions League"? Because the manager might leave? Because some players might leave? I'm confused.

I am just speculating here but I cant see how Citys expulsion from champions league would impact on Roberts. Only thing that could impact on Roberts future for next season is if City were given a transfer ban, i dont think they have been. I am unsure if they are facing a transfer ban though?

Woody confirms Fry out for 4 weeks. Therefore probably wont see him until March 14th v Swansea at the earliest.

I would be tempted to go with a back 3 of Shotton, Harold and George for the games he is missing.

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Coulson and Spence are easily replaceable,

Remember when we bought Bola and Dijksteel in the summer to play in those positions?

4 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If Fry wanted to leave, he too could be replaced.

Remember when we replaced Gibson with Flint?

It's fine to say we can replace them, their position in the squad is replaceable, of course it is, we could re-sign Martin Cranie to cover all those positions. But that's not effectively replacing them. Selling Fry and replacing him with any old centre-back represents a bad overall recruitment process. Our dealings for a long time have shown that we can't seem to spend money effectively. So it'll be a while before I can just look at selling any of our young players as 'a good bit of business'.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am just speculating here but I cant see how Citys expulsion from champions league would impact on Roberts. Only thing that could impact on Roberts future for next season is if City were given a transfer ban, i dont think they have been. I am unsure if they are facing a transfer ban though?

Not as far as I've seen or heard. Champions League ban for 2 years and a £25m fine. The fine will almost certainly be reduced but even that is a bit of a 'sausage down an alleyway' fine for City. Could it mean City want to recoup some of the money being fined by selling some players that they aren't overly sure on perhaps?

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Fair point that was just a thought myself but who knows... that said if Woody goes ( though I dont see if happening in a long time ) that could also change the dynamic 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Not as far as I've seen or heard. Champions League ban for 2 years and a £25m fine. The fine will almost certainly be reduced but even that is a bit of a 'sausage down an alleyway' fine for City. Could it mean City want to recoup some of the money being fined by selling some players that they aren't overly sure on perhaps?

I hope not. 25m for city is nothing. They got a sub keeper who nearly cost that much in Bravo. And i would be delighted if we got Roberts for a full season so hope @Smoggydownsouth is right. it would be one position resolved for new season.

• Like 1
On 2/13/2020 at 9:28 PM, wilsoncgp said:

Or they're pushing that story in the hope Burnley realise they'll have to lower their asking price/up their wage contribution. We might have a limit we won't go beyond but I'm willing to bet that we're gonna try using the whole situation to our advantage.

Dunno if anyone saw something earlier, but I just read this on the BBC. Seems Burnley have at long last given Gibson permission to train with us:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51480592

On 2/13/2020 at 10:06 PM, Changing Times said:

We're not losing against Luton, no way.  

I am now wondering what you've got saved up though...🤔😯😨

Well, he may as well spill the beans now... ☹️

14 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Dunno if anyone saw something earlier, but I just read this on the BBC. Seems Burnley have at long last given Gibson permission to train with us:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51480592

Well, he may as well spill the beans now... ☹️

He did. He said deal for Roberts has been agreed for next season 

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Fair point that was just a thought myself but who knows... that said if Woody goes ( though I dont see if happening in a long time ) that could also change the dynamic 

Suspect League 1 will be a level too low. 

6 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Well Patrick Robert's had been agreed to stay next season... bad news that was before the Man City expulsion so that may have changed.

What a rubbish piece of gossip, it's the equivalent of today's game but in ITK form.  You could at least make something good up to keep us entertained 🙂