oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

9 hours ago, Changing Times said:

What a rubbish piece of gossip, it's the equivalent of today's game but in ITK form.  You could at least make something good up to keep us entertained 🙂

Sorry CT. Even my battery is drained with life as a club currently

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

On 2/15/2020 at 6:21 PM, wilsoncgp said:

Remember when we bought Bola and Dijksteel in the summer to play in those positions?

Remember when we replaced Gibson with Flint?

It's fine to say we can replace them, their position in the squad is replaceable, of course it is, we could re-sign Martin Cranie to cover all those positions. But that's not effectively replacing them. Selling Fry and replacing him with any old centre-back represents a bad overall recruitment process. Our dealings for a long time have shown that we can't seem to spend money effectively. So it'll be a while before I can just look at selling any of our young players as 'a good bit of business'.

30 million for the three of them, then bring through the next ones, that’s the current business model. 

19 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

30 million for the three of them, then bring through the next ones, that’s the current business model. 

No it isn't. If it was, we wouldn't have bought the 3 lads we did this summer, nor the keeper we bought this January. We'd have Brynn in with the first team squad on match-days rather than Stojanovic. We'd have kept Reading rather than signed Bola. We'd be playing Wood rather than loaning and talking to the press about signing Moukoudi 'if the price is right'.

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Don't know if this counts as other boro stuff, but media saying Barcelona are trying to get Braithwaite hahaha

Yeah I just read that. Barca can bring in one player outside the transfer window due to their injury crisis, and apparently their new coach wants someone who can play striker and wide left. Hope we inserted a decent sell on clause considering we took a big hit on his fee. I can't imagine Leganes are going to let him go cheaply considering they are in a relegation battle and Barca have the funds and are pretty desperate.

6 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Don't know if this counts as other boro stuff, but media saying Barcelona are trying to get Braithwaite hahaha

Just seen this well hopefully his ego can be massaged now if he gets the move. As when he was here it was clear he had a inferiority complex and saw the club below him. I blame Pulis though as he didn't help one bit and a firing Braithwaite did get us to the top of the championship until he pulled a sulky as he didn't move until January. But he just needed Pulis to love him abit of man management skill but Pulis saw him as being on mega bucks and not putting the effort in to earn the wage so went public causing Braithwaite to get even more angry. I don't understand the benefit of Pulis coming out and destroying a player publicly also half of it was fake news anyway.  As I reckon Braithwaite questioned Pulis at times in training so they were at lockerheads. 

Do anyone know if we have a sell on clause for Braithwaite? It looks like he is joining Barca imminently and they are ready to pay his release clause which is thought to be around 16 million pounds. That's roughly 10 million more than we sold him for iirc, so you'd hope we inserted a decent clause to counter the fee that was significantly lower than what we paid. What a profit for Leganes though in only 7 months.

29 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Do anyone know if we have a sell on clause for Braithwaite? It looks like he is joining Barca imminently and they are ready to pay his release clause which is thought to be around 16 million pounds. That's roughly 10 million more than we sold him for iirc, so you'd hope we inserted a decent clause to counter the fee that was significantly lower than what we paid. What a profit for Leganes though in only 7 months.

Shows what can happen if you put a player in the shop window. Another fine example of MFC 'business'.

35 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Oh I expect so, don’t you?

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Oh I expect so, don’t you?

I can't tell if you're ironic but yes I'd expect we did. We sold a player for less than we paid to a team in the top spanish league. I'd expect us to demand a clause in the event that he should do well so we could recoup some more money. Leganes also got an interntational player for a price they could afford. That said Leganes cuold easily have refused knowing that we were desperate to get rid of him and couldn't afford to keep him. We weren't exactly in the best position.