oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Monk has achieved nothing as a manager, and his implosion with Leeds was just as bad as what Pulis managed here.

If they give a full points deduction, there's a very real chance he could take Sheffield Wednesday down if he's not sacked first.

Btw what's the latest news regarding Wednesday and Derby? Wasn't the latest news that EFL was looking into Derby and therefore Wednesday might also be in danger, or has there been anything more concrete about either club?

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

That'll be the game just before both managers involved got the sack? 😅

Indeed, but I’ll give Monk credit for the limbs when Shotton scored to make it 2-1, and for finally making a break from the Monk away Day textbook: go 2-0 down, pull one back with 20 or less minutes to go, lose 2-1. 

23 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Btw what's the latest news regarding Wednesday and Derby? Wasn't the latest news that EFL was looking into Derby and therefore Wednesday might also be in danger, or has there been anything more concrete about either club?

It's the other way around, Sheffield Wednesday are the club that are most in trouble, Derby are the side show.

Not heard anything more on Derby recently, but there was a little thing the other day about other EFL clubs wanting the harshest punishment for Sheff Wed.

Birmingham weren't deducted points till late March last season, so I suppose we'll see next month.

My dad knows somebody on the board for Sheffield United and I know some info on Wednesday. They are massively over FFP and the owner has been very very dodgy. The talked about punishment will affect our league position and everyone else's that's all I can say on that matter. He also stated by villa getting promoted the planned 21 point deduction  couldn't be implement. Again I'm just passing on what my dad has told me from one of his clients. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

How did monk not have us top of the league with braithwaite, bamford/britt and adama as a front 3? Bonkers how poorly we did then with the squad we had, in my opinion he done an even worse job that woody is doing given the resources available.

Braithwaite got injured after the first game and didn't play for 6 weeks or so?  He obviously didn't trust/have faith in Traore so he didn't play much.  He did get himself sent off at Villa after like 5 mins, which probably didn't help his cause a great deal.  I think that came right after he'd played well at Bolton so he probably couldn't have timed it worse. I think we ended up trying to play with Assombalonga up front, Gestede on the left and Bamford on the right if I remember rightly, at least for a few games anyway.  That's never gonna bloody work 😬

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Monk has achieved nothing as a manager, and his implosion with Leeds was just as bad as what Pulis managed here.

If they give a full points deduction, there's a very real chance he could take Sheffield Wednesday down if he's not sacked first.

If they give a full points deduction then it won't be Monk taking them down will it?  It will be the points deduction that has taken them down.  Last season we finished 7th and they finished 12th.   The season before it was 5th and 15th.  This season they are 12th and we are 18th.  As much as Monk has done bugger all, he doesn't appear to have made them any worse than they were.  Sadly, we can't say the same for our manager.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

My dad knows somebody on the board for Sheffield United and I know some info on Wednesday. They are massively over FFP and the owner has been very very dodgy. The talked about punishment will affect our league position and everyone else's that's all I can say on that matter. He also stated by villa getting promoted the planned 21 point deduction  couldn't be implement. Again I'm just passing on what my dad has told me from one of his clients. 

Just need two more teams to get themselves huge point deductions and we can start thinking about the beach 🍹🏖️

• Haha 2
7 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I think our yearly accounts are out this week or next. Covers period up to June 2019. It should include sales of Bamford Adama Gibson and also the removal of Downings salary. Dont think it includes sale of Braithwite and Flint though.

What it will show is the full work of Pulis who regularly referred to financial balancing he was doing during last season.

What it will show is that we sold those players and brought in a lot of revenue to the club.  Pulis was largely irrelevant in that.

4 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I wonder if Villa were to be relegated this season would the 21 points deduction apply from the start of next season in the championship?

10 hours ago, Borodane said:

Do anyone know if we have a sell on clause for Braithwaite? It looks like he is joining Barca imminently and they are ready to pay his release clause which is thought to be around 16 million pounds. That's roughly 10 million more than we sold him for iirc, so you'd hope we inserted a decent clause to counter the fee that was significantly lower than what we paid. What a profit for Leganes though in only 7 months.

On the flip side, relegation threatened Leganes lose (probably) their best striker to Barcelona and aren't allowed to sign a replacement. Awesome. 👍 If I was a Leganes fan I'd be fuming.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

On the flip side, relegation threatened Leganes lose (probably) their best striker to Barcelona and aren't allowed to sign a replacement. Awesome. 👍 If I was a Leganes fan I'd be fuming.

Yes totally agree. They shouldn’t be allowed to force a sale with anybody outside the transfer window given the selling club can’t sign a replacement. It should need to be with the consent of the selling club. 

• Like 1