• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

12 hours ago, BoroJake said:

Browne has had a good game it seems 

Doesn't it just hack you off when we let players go, or loan them out and they perform for other clubs, after doing little or nothing for us (or just not getting in the team because the manager doesn't rate them)? 

9 hours ago, Blanco said:

For those who haven’t seen it

Love it! I'll have to start catching Soccer AM if I can.

Bit unnecessary that challenge on Wing though. Does the show get fined if they injure a player?

13 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Doesn't it just hack you off when we let players go, or loan them out and they perform for other clubs, after doing little or nothing for us (or just not getting in the team because the manager doesn't rate them)? 

No not really. I'd rather Browne has a storming second half of the season and come back high on confidence ready to actually do something positive in a boro shirt. Plus he'll be well suited for League 1 when we are relegated.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I really don't think he would get by in a 3-man central-midfield in the Championship. Besides, we really don't need more centre midfielders right now. I think he looked rubbish behind the striker, never mind deeper in midfield. Absolutely got the skills and assets to be a winger, he just has to improve his decision making and final ball. Needs to work more for the team without getting into daft tackles too.

It’s great to see Browne doing well at Oxford. It must be incredibly difficult for any young player to under such a poor coach like Woodgate. All the new signings of Dijksteel, Bola and Browne struggled. Whether it’s poor recruitment, poor coaching or a mix of both is unclear yet. Bola and Browne have been doing well in their January loans, albeit at League One level, so that’s showing that they are actually decent players when coached properly. There’s lots of huge quality at the top end of League One so them doing well there shouldn’t be sniffed at.

1 minute ago, p_mards said:

It’s great to see Browne doing well at Oxford. It must be incredibly difficult for any young player to under such a poor coach like Woodgate. All the new signings of Dijksteel, Bola and Browne struggled. Whether it’s poor recruitment, poor coaching or a mix of both is unclear yet. Bola and Browne have been doing well in their January loans, albeit at League One level, so that’s showing that they are actually decent players when coached properly. There’s lots of huge quality at the top end of League One so them doing well there shouldn’t be sniffed at.

Or it's showing they're not Championship quality players.

I think both Bola and Browne are currently playing at their level at the clubs they're out on loan to.

That's not to say they couldn't be Chamoionship or even Premier League quality players in the future.

I certainly think a lot of fans are writing off Browne too soon.

14 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I think both Bola and Browne are currently playing at their level at the clubs they're out on loan to.

That's not to say they couldn't be Chamoionship or even Premier League quality players in the future.

I certainly think a lot of fans are writing off Browne too soon.

I'm not writing them off, but the idea that they are just not players capable of playing at this level isn't beyond the realms of possibility at all. It's not like they've ever played or performed at this level before, they're young lads and will undoubtedly get their chance next season again but I'd be surprised to see anyone else in this division immediately take a chance on them if they don't succeed.