oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

11 hours ago, ScarBoro said:

Is a sell on clause usually on total fee? I’d always assumed it was on increase in selling fee over what previous club had sold player for I.e. on profit the selling club makes. If it is on total fee then a club selling a player on at fee they paid would actually make a loss, after deducting any sell on fee. That seems odd?

If football manager is accurate, I think it can be either.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

Sad thing is, even if we have this 25% sell on fee, we've still not made our money back on him.

I'm inclined to believe the sell on fee will be the lower end anyway, but he was such a poor signing and sale by the club.

Thing is... he's a good player! He just stopped playing for us. He was undoubtedly, for me, the signing of the 'smash the league' window. Monk mis-used him, Pulis didn't like him and he didn't like Pulis.

And yeah, I can't get beyond the idea of a player on that much money deciding when he wants to turn up and play for whosoever is in charge, I can't forgive him for that at all. But there's no question in my mind that he was a top player, capable of playing in the Premier League.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Unbelievable, I never thought he was that great in the Championship. 

Barca's hands are somewhat tied on who they can sign under this "emergency"; has to be from the Spanish league, they need someone who can play front left and it needs to have a buyout of a "reasonable" level, as no club is going to take a cut price rate.

It still appears he was made promises when he signed that we went back on and combined with Pulis' excellent man management skills, what happened, happened.  

Good luck to the bloke, I'd take second/third string Barca over playing out of position for Pulis in the Championship any day.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Thing is... he's a good player! He just stopped playing for us. He was undoubtedly, for me, the signing of the 'smash the league' window. Monk mis-used him, Pulis didn't like him and he didn't like Pulis.

And yeah, I can't get beyond the idea of a player on that much money deciding when he wants to turn up and play for whosoever is in charge, I can't forgive him for that at all. But there's no question in my mind that he was a top player, capable of playing in the Premier League.

yep it's a question of heart and commitment not talent for Braithwaite. 

4 year deal with a €300 release clause hats of to the lad plus we now get a few million.  Also we can say to potential signings now if you come here and perform you could potentially get a move to Barcelona.

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, macapes said:

Good luck to the bloke, I'd take second/third string Barca over playing out of position for Pulis in the Championship any day.

I'd take playing football, not sitting on the bench (if he can even manage that when Dembele gets back).