oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I'll happily go through the accounts, but do know some members would rather read about watching paint dry! 😴

So maybe when they are finally released someone can create a thread for it? 😉

It's a bit early for the transfer thread, mate.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Unfortunately that is not how FFP works. Gibson as an owner can only invest so much under the rules of FFP, it used to be £8 Million, but I haven't been able to find any upto date figures relating to this.

FFP is a continuous 3 year rolling cycle. Not a 3 year period that ends then starts again after 3 years. For example for this season (2019/2020) we are being judged on the past 2 seasons (2017/2018 & 2018/2019) and this current season. In the summer the cycle continues but we will be judged on 2018/2019 & 2019/2020 plus the new current season of 2020/2021. If that makes sense?

Don’t think it has changed. A club is allowed to “lose” £5m per year and on top of that, if the owner injects funds they can lose whatever he injects, up to another £8m. Therefore if the owner injects the maximum of £8m in cash, the club can lose £13m. As the assessment is over 3 year rolling period, the total losses have to be less than £39m over the three seasons. If you break even for two years in a row, then you could lose £39m in next year and still be OK. Remember however that the £39m loss  would then be included as part of the total calculation for the two subsequent seasons, so you would have to break even for those as well.

All  those figures ignore the cost of operating your academy  and one or two other small items, but include both  income from  and expenditure on transfer fees as associated costs such as agent fees etc.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

Don’t think it has changed. A club is allowed to “lose” £5m per year and on top of that, if the owner injects funds they can lose whatever he injects, up to another £8m. Therefore if the owner injects the maximum of £8m in cash, the club can lose £13m.

I know a few years back it was £8 Million, then each season it would reduce by about £2 million. But it looks like it may have gone full circle and gone back to £8 Million. But that may have been under the old FFP system rather than the fairly newish Profit and Sustainability.

3 hours ago, p_mards said:

Bulkhaul is doing well (sorry if already posted):

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/profits-steve-gibsons-extremely-strong-17780789

It should increase our chances of Gibson being in a position to invest this Summer, especially with a new 3 year cycle of FFP starting and with lots of expensive contracts coming to an end.

He should sell the stadium to himself with his new found riches. Just for the crack. 

Or we could trigger the 300,000,000 release clause in Braithwaites contract. Then make him come back and play with the under 10s 

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Bloody hell, she's not just fit, she is seriously fit. 

Not the page I just checked out 🤢

1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Bloody hell, she's not just fit, she is seriously fit. 

She's got an a-r-s-e like a hippo, ya weirdo.

Full on attention seeker by the looks of it but if the club knew about this and did nothing then they are absolutely pathetic.  Wouldn't want to jeopardise a transfer though 🤑

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

She's got an a-r-s-e like a hippo, ya weirdo.

Full on attention seeker by the looks of it but if the club knew about this and did nothing then they are absolutely pathetic.  Wouldn't want to jeopardise a transfer though 🤑

You try bending like that, nothing wrong with a large posterior either, ask Kim Kardashian fans, better than a stick insect different strokes CT.  

Is it the clubs job though? Wouldn’t it be her decision to report it to the police and then have them investigate it? If I was assaulted I’m not sure I’d expect the guys employer to act on it but I’d report it myself. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Is it the clubs job though? Wouldn’t it be her decision to report it to the police and then have them investigate it? If I was assaulted I’m not sure I’d expect the guys employer to act on it but I’d report it myself. 

She seems to be suggesting that the club were looking to protect him I think.

I really appreciate you sharing this about Randolph ex as many won't of seen it otherwise. It does need to be investigated as if this is true it's very damming on the club but not surprised the club is in complete chaos!