oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

29 minutes ago, macapes said:

Honestly didn't think your utter claptrap warranted it.

Maybe don't accuse someone of lying with absolutely nothing to back it up.  You are literally accusing a total stranger, who you know nothing about, of injuring themselves in order to make a false allegation.  It sounds ridiculous.

The vast majority of domestic abuse claims are entirely genuine.  The vast majority of domestic abuse goes unpunished.  It takes courage to put something like this out in the open and exactly what do you think she gains?  Other than total doyles making up conspiracies, abusing her on social media and the like.

God help any of your friends or family if they came to you in such a situation, given you leap straight to "making it up, must be mental".

I said that it’s “foreseeable” that she could have made it up. That’s a completely different thing to the way that you have interpreted it, which triggered you into attacking me. Again, your reaction is what I was pushing back against; that of someone instinctively jumping on Randolph as being guilty based upon, so far, unfounded allegations. The police will investigate and the CPS will decide whether a prosecution is warranted. Up until then, any public lynching of Randolph is dangerous.

Please read my above post about how thorough the CPS are with high profile domestic abuse allegations, especially when compared to other areas of the law. If he is charged and subsequently found guilty then I will be equally strong in my condemnation.

Your view is based entirely upon his ex telling the truth. My view is based upon no one knowing who is telling the truth, and trusting a police investigation to come to the bottom of it. I’m confident that my approach is fairer and more reasonable than your lynch mob approach.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Received a text overnight.

Meeting which was scheduled for international break has been brought forward to next Tuesday. I'd presume that means he's got 2 games to save his job but that's only my opinion.

Players lost faith in management which is clear as day for us all to see in performances.

Bausor has held talks with man City this week and deal agreed for Roberts to stay next season.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Meeting which was scheduled for international break has been brought forward to next Tuesday. I'd presume that means he's got 2 games to save his job but that's only my opinion.

Players lost faith in management which is clear as day for us all to see in performances.

Bausor has held talks with man City this week and deal agreed for Roberts to stay next season.

Going going gone in my honest opinion as dont see us getting any points from next 2

7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

If true then Woody is done. No way do we get anything from the Leeds or Forest games.

Although knowing us, we'll somehow win both with one shot on target :p

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

If true then Woody is done. No way do we get anything from the Leeds or Forest games.

Although knowing us, we'll somehow win both with one shot on target 😛

From what I heard it doesn't necessarily mean he's gone, we have been exploring the possibility for a long while regarding bringing in experience in alongside him.  (Warnock and McClaren).

Woodgate was questioned about this in a press conference in November but was quick to change the subject and said it wasn't required atm.

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

From what I heard it doesn't necessarily mean he's gone, we have been exploring the possibility for a long while regarding bringing in experience in alongside him.  (Warnock and McClaren).

Woodgate was questioned about this in a press conference in November but was quick to change the subject and said it wasn't required atm.

I think that would just be seen as papering over the cracks and a complete change would be wanted. But perhaps Woody's fans would be very open to that idea.

3 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think that would just be seen as papering over the cracks and a complete change would be wanted. But perhaps Woody's fans would be very open to that idea.

I completely agree.

I think he's totally out of his depth along with his backroom staff but apparently it's going to cost the club quite a bit of money to terminate contracts especially as Keane has a hefty early termination figure in his contract.

Cheap option is to bring someone in alongside him in the hope that Woodgate and team gain valuable experience. 

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I completely agree.

I think he's totally out of his depth along with his backroom staff but apparently it's going to cost the club quite a bit of money to terminate contracts especially as Keane has a hefty early termination figure in his contract.

Cheap option is to bring someone in alongside him in the hope that Woodgate and team gain valuable experience. 

I wonder what will cost the club more in the long term relegation or severance pay.

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I wonder what will cost the club more in the long term relegation or severance pay

My thoughts exactly as the same as you.

Apparently McClaren was at the training ground this week regarding some sort of Golf competition was approached and a meeting has been scheduled (unsure of when).

McClaren back, even as an assistant, kill me now.

I'd rather we just sack Woody and give the job to Warnock on a short term basis with a nice bonus for keeping us up. Take it out of the Braithwaite money whatever, but I do NOT want to see Super Schteeve McClaren back at this club.

11 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

My thoughts exactly as the same as you.

Apparently McClaren was at the training ground this week regarding some sort of Golf competition was approached and a meeting has been scheduled (unsure of when).

Do you think a bit like when Venables helped Robbo? Didn't last long after for Robbo did it. I'm not totally against it. But would rather we stopped repeating history and making the same mistakes over again.

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

McClaren back, even as an assistant, kill me now.

I'd rather we just sack Woody and give the job to Warnock on a short term basis with a nice bonus for keeping us up. Take it out of the Braithwaite money whatever, but I do NOT want to see Super Schteeve McClaren back at this club.

I thought Gibson fell out with McLaren?

At any other team this would not happen! If we are bringing in someone to help and support Woodgate, why on earth had the job been given to him in the first place???

Honestly man, our club. Just how badly run are we?

24 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I thought Gibson fell out with McLaren?

I heard the same that Gibson didn't trust McClaren whilst he was in charge but I guess overtime relationship must of been salvaged. 

I can't see Woody getting sacked simply because it will cost us a fortune so other avenues are getting looked at.

Everyone in coaching team and above think we're too good to go down, players on the other hand think different if performances are to go by.

I will probably find out more information either tonight or Thursday at football.

Edited by diggerlad07
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I heard the same that Gibson didn't trust McClaren whilst he was in charge but I guess overtime relationship must of been salvaged. 

I can't see Woody getting sacked simply because it will cost us a fortune so other avenues are getting looked at.

Everyone in coaching team and above think we're too good to go down, players on the other hand think different if performances are to go by.

Wonder if it will be in an official capacity then or just helping in the background, he can't be a new assistant manager because Keane is the assistant manager, and if it would be too costly to remove him it may be a director of football role then?