oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Indeed, Coulson and Spence didn't struggle against Luton, Coulson was actually having somewhat of a positive effect at times, the only individual who made a positive contribution on the game. Spence wasn't great but he didn't do anything wrong, it's no surprise that he had less of an effect on the game when the two players closest to him on his side were the two worst players on the pitch; Howson and McNair.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Coulson was our best player against Luton.  Spence did nothing wrong and had a better game than several experienced players including Howson.

Do you ever have anything positive to say about our younger players?  First it was Tavernier, then Fry and now these two.  Strange attitude you have.

I also disagree with his idea that Howson was the best outfield player by some margin against Barnsley. I thought he had a pretty bad game, constantly getting done.

Just now, Brunners said:

I also disagree with his idea that Howson was the best outfield player by some margin against Barnsley. I thought he had a pretty bad game, constantly getting done.

I only saw some highlights but just about every Barnsley attack was him being beaten or him out of position.  It's only a two minute clip but he must have been bloody good for the rest of the game for him to be our best player.  If that was one of the younger lads I reckon certain people would be all over them for it.  Howson does it and the Gazette give him our man of the match.  These are strange times to be a Boro fan.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I only saw some highlights but just about every Barnsley attack was him being beaten or him out of position.  It's only a two minute clip but he must have been bloody good for the rest of the game for him to be our best player.  If that was one of the younger lads I reckon certain people would be all over them for it.  Howson does it and the Gazette give him our man of the match.  These are strange times to be a Boro fan.

Take what you saw and multiply it for the whole 90 minutes. It was just him getting caught out of position time after time after time.

I personally thought of the two wingbacks Johnson had the better game.

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Take what you saw and multiply it for the whole 90 minutes. It was just him getting caught out of position time after time after time.

I personally thought of the two wingbacks Johnson had the better game.

I don't understand why some people can't see it, it seems pretty obvious to me when I watch him.  It's not even like I have a downer on him because he's a midfielder being asked to do something different to what he's spent most of his career doing.  When he's had decent games playing out of position, it's entirely to his credit that he's managed to adapt to what he's being asked to do.

Just now, Changing Times said:

I don't understand why some people can't see it, it seems pretty obvious to me when I watch him.  It's not even like I have a downer on him because he's a midfielder being asked to do something different to what he's spent most of his career doing.  When he's had decent games playing out of position, it's entirely to his credit that he's managed to adapt to what he's being asked to do.

I actually think he's been pretty good out of position whether that's been RB/RWB or CB, but these last two games he's played there he has been dreadful

19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I actually think he's been pretty good out of position whether that's been RB/RWB or CB, but these last two games he's played there he has been dreadful

Yeah I know you do mate, as do others, and that's fair enough although I think it's been a bit over-egged myself.

Just now, Skinemrippers said:

McClaren did well when he was at QPR as a coach. It’s when he’s then moved back into management where it’s gone wrong for him 

Everyone that has worked with McClaren seems to rave about him as a coach. I'm not sure what his management of players is like though. I'm sure he'd be a damn sight better than Woodgate though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1