oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

The figures I've found are 40 million the first year and 35 million the second year. We were not in the Prem long enough to get a third year of 15 million. I think the parachute money is under broadcasting which was 40.6 last season and 43,6 million the first season in the Prem. That post is going to drop to something like 6 million for this season.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

These results show how much of a disaster Pulis was as we had the funding available to invest in quality winger and a creative number 10 that would of ensured we were now in the Premier League. Yet we decided to buy midfielders and defender's to try defend our way to the playoffs. That has subsequently led to the position we are in now with no creative players at the club. 

3 hours ago, Borodane said:

2 million profit in a season with parachute payments and big sales of Adama and Gibson for a combined 33 million. Thats roughly 68 million for those alone. 

Ouch this season's finances are going to hurt as we've only made a modest transfer income of around 9 million if figures on Transfermarkt are correct. We've obviously reduced wages but there will still be MASSIVE deficit. Can see even more cost cutting in the summer by selling some priced assets and replacing them with loans and cheap players.

I would've thought those sales will be paid to us in instalments along with the Bamford transfer etc as well as the transfers we've had to pay out for too. So we should hopefully be seeing money from those for a few years yet as we've been in transfer profit for the past couple of seasons. (Not sure with Adama as his release clause was met so it might have been an upfront lump sum?)

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I would've thought those sales will be paid to us in instalments along with the Bamford transfer etc as well as the transfers we've had to pay out for too. So we should hopefully be seeing money from those for a few years yet as we've been in transfer profit for the past couple of seasons. (Not sure with Adama as his release clause was met so it might have been an upfront lump sum?)

I hope you are right mate. But I seem to remember someone saying that sales appear in the accounts only for the year they are sold, regardless of installments, while players you sign are depreciated over the course of their contract.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

I hope you are right mate. But I seem to remember someone saying that sales appear in the accounts only for the year they are sold, regardless of installments, while players you sign are depreciated over the course of their contract.

I'm far from an accounting whizz so you're probably right on that front.

It's interesting to have a look through.  I'm not sure what Pulis' efforts were in terms of making us so strong and stable and that.  The wage bill was reduced by only £8m in that season.  I assume he must have been getting the credit for us selling Bamford, Traore and Gibson, which is daft but whatever.

The wage bill for this season will be a lot lower than the year shown in these accounts or it certainly bloody should be.  Much closer to £20m than £40m.

I'm wondering which players we potentially owe another £7m on due to performance clauses?  If the total was £6.2m in 2018 and £7.4m in 2019 then I think we potentially owe Millwall another £1.2m for Saville as we didn't sign anyone else.  The other money must be some of Fletcher's fee (probably £3m or so) and bits and bobs for others.

I'm a bit confused about the post balance sheet events though.  It's saying we signed 4 players and sold 2 players but I think we sold a few others as well albeit lesser known players.  I guess Bola, Dijksteel, Browne and Burrell maybe are the 4 players and Flint and Braithwaite must be the 2 sales.  Apparently that business netted us a £4.4m profit but that won't include the extra money we got for Braithwaite moving to Barcelona.  How much did we pay for Bola, Dijksteel and Browne though?  I didn't think it was that much in total but it must be a decent amount or Braithwaite was sold for bugger all.

In terms of FFP, it's worth pointing out that the accounts aren't the same thing as the FFP figures we supply the Football League.  I believe that although all income is counted, that some expenditure is not.  If that's the case then FFP figures should always be better than the full accounts over the same period because you're obviously not including certain things that the club is spending money on.  I don't believe that FFP is an issue for us or at least I don't see how it could be if this is the case.  I mean we've actually made a profit in two of the last three years although this current year should be a nailed on loss.

28 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Of course we’ve made a profit. We’ve received 75 million in two years. 

If you're referring to TV revenue, we've actually received just under £87m in two years and just over £187m in three years.  I'm not sure what the relevance of that is though?  Our income increased so we increased our expenditure.  Our income has decreased and so we've decreased our expenditure.  That's how it goes.  

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

I assume he must have been getting the credit for us selling Bamford, Traore and Gibson, which is daft but whatever

That was how I read the situation at the time. He was taking credit for something that he had very little input in. 

If you say something often enough though people start thinking there's some truth in it. Pulis isn't daft he knew exactly what he was doing. 

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

If you're referring to TV revenue, we've actually received just under £87m in two years and just over £187m in three years.  I'm not sure what the relevance of that is though?  Our income increased so we increased our expenditure.  Our income has decreased and so we've decreased our expenditure.  That's how it goes.  

We’ve done a pretty poor job then considering operating costs are 30 million in negative for last season before player sales.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

How much did we pay for Bola, Dijksteel and Browne though?  I didn't think it was that much in total but it must be a decent amount or Braithwaite was sold for bugger all.

From memory I think it was around about 3-3.5m for all 3. £2m for Dijksteel, 1m for Bola and 300k for Browne.

29 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We’ve done a pretty poor job then considering operating costs are 30 million in negative for last season before player sales.

That's because it includes player amortisation from the players we've purchased.  You can't ignore player sales but include player purchases, there's no logic to that whatsoever.

In the squad that these accounts are from, we had players who we paid over £80m in transfer fees for and a proportion of that is amortised in that year's accounts.  That figure next season as it stands will be less than half that amount and the amount being amortised should be less as well.

Unless you have a complete fire sale then there will always be a lag between a reduction in income and the reduction in expenditure.