oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

11 hours ago, Blanco said:

@DanFromDownSouth is usually the man for that kind of stuff. 

I've got some free time tomorrow evening to have a proper good look at our accounts. I'll do a simple (ish) breakdown of them tomorrow. 

Been completely swamped at work past week, as we are finalising our year end accounts and have the auditors in all week! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

All games are going behind closed doors. Ticket holders for matches will be able to watch premier League games on sky/BT

Football league games will be on iFollow pubs will not be able to show games with broadcasters ordered to block the signal

4 minutes ago, northern boro said:

All games are going behind closed doors. Ticket holders for matches will be able to watch premier League games on sky/BT

Football league games will be on iFollow pubs will not be able to show games with broadcasters ordered to block the signal

Is this official?

10 minutes ago, northern boro said:

Also what the point of blocking games being shown at pubs? If it's to stop gatherings at pubs they should probably know that a large portion of bars and clubs will have the same gatherings regardless of whether football is on or not!

Referee: prancing showpony who chose to impose his own version of the rules on the game and royally f"cked us over in the process: rightly booked Shotton for shirt pulling early on, then declined to book his defensive partner for exactly the same offense, chose not to penalise same bloke for the foul on Taylor on the edge of the box so booked LT for being kicked up in the air, having decided he was anti-Taylor he then penalised neither of the 2 defenders who hauled LT to the ground on the goal line at a corner and sat on him, thus denying Charlton one of the clearest penalties I've ever witnessed in 38 years of attending matches.  In short a cheat.  We were effectively playing 12, when we should have been playing no more than 10 for 45 minutes.

This is a comment by a Charlton fan in their post game thread from last weekend. Just found it interesting how differently two sets of fans could see the game! I thought the ref was letting a lot of stuff go and actually missed a BORO  penalty, rather than a Charlton one.

8 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Also what the point of blocking games being shown at pubs? If it's to stop gatherings at pubs they should probably know that a large portion of bars and clubs will have the same gatherings regardless of whether football is on or not!

I guess the numbers will be smaller in pubs, I think schools, Uni’s, gigs, large places of work and public transport systems are more dangerous when it comes to contracting the virus. 

One thing I'm not entirely sure about is the iFollow/Sky/BT part of it. It is mentioned in the article here too but how are all clubs going to, at the last minute, ensure that Season Ticket holders can watch matches for free? How would our website even account for that? That's something that surely needs answering. That's just iFollow too. For Prem teams, how do they both set up to stream the matches and also do the above, check for season ticket access to it? That's surely not already in place.

So that's part of the functionality commitment. Now let's deal with the consequences of having a lot of people from the stadium now logging onto the site to stream the game. Our site has seemingly never been bulletproof with regards to the video streaming as it is. Now, add in even 5,000 extra people (though very possibly more) on top of that; will our website scale up and deal with the extra volume of users? History suggests that's an absolute no. Worse than that, those who already watch and have paid for a video season ticket from abroad will also suffer in not being able to watch either.

Finally, a couple of points on accessibility. Not everyone is going to be set up to use that, even if the site scales up and has a way of reasonably determining that you can watch the game because you're a season ticket holder. What about those people? And lastly, not only does all the above come into consideration but on top of that, if I'm to understand correctly, Saturday 3pm games (the majority of them) will still not be allowed to be streamed domestically. So is it even a solution at all? The whole thing sounds rubbish to me and not remotely as good as it sounds.

Of course, all this is just frustration. I know the behind closed doors thing is reasonable and it's not reasonable to expect clubs to come up with a solution out of nothing to solve that for people who've already paid their money.

• Like 1