oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

The club opted out of iFollow anyway and chose to do its own thing instead.  I'm not sure it would suddenly be able to set iFollow up at this point. 

Edit: I think a more likely scenario would be for the club to open the riverside live access to those in the UK, but I would be concerned about the site's capacity. 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

According to the tv news reports, most epidemics like the current corona 19 usually have 2 spike periods, this is comparing them to Saars etc. The current unprecedented actions taking place may mean this double spike doesn’t happen, but I don’t think restrictions when they are announced will be lifted to allow a full return to normality for longer than many expect.

Im beginning to think that normalcy regarding sports will not be seen for quite a while, no country is going to put its peoples through restrictions just to see them go off to Japan for the Olympics in 3 months or have fans swarming across Europe for Euro 2020. Once these big things are postponed by 12 months I’d expect domestic competitions to mirror them, so maybe no new league till 21/22 skipping the entire 20/21 season. 

15 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The difference between this and SARS is that SARS was defeated whilst trying to contain it, wasn't it? We're seemingly beyond that stage, now.

Yeah the stupid chinese government has royally screwed the world by trying to keep it under wraps instead of playing with open cards and asking the world for help when they first became aware of the problem. Researchers can date the virus back to November 6. Journalists who documented the Chinese governments failures has since gone missing.

Anyone know whats happened with Ayala? He's never at any of the home games even though injured first team members are required to be there.. Last week the club were saying he'll be back in 2 weeks yesterday JW said there's no return date.. Is it the same issue he had a few years ago where they couldn't find anything wrong and Karanka got really angry?

23 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Anyone know whats happened with Ayala? He's never at any of the home games even though injured first team members are required to be there.. Last week the club were saying he'll be back in 2 weeks yesterday JW said there's no return date.. Is it the same issue he had a few years ago where they couldn't find anything wrong and Karanka got really angry?

Disgraceful if thats true. Mind you theres been loads of videos on Instagram of him since his injury and never seen him limping or showing any discomfort in any of them.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

He's just self-isolating so that he doesn't catch rubbishness.

Incidentally, isn't self-isolating just isolating?  That's what isolating means.

10 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

He's just self-isolating so that he doesn't catch rubbishness.

Incidentally, isn't self-isolating just isolating?  That's what isolating means.

I know you're just being pedantic but it just means you've isolated yourself, rather than being isolated by other people.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I know you're just being pedantic but it just means you've isolated yourself, rather than being isolated by other people.

Of course I'm just being pedantic! 😎

They still mean the same thing.

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Of course I'm just being pedantic! 😎

They still mean the same thing.

It’s like the difference between loathing and self-loathing. 

The two that confuse me are flammable and inflammable, can any of our learned types cast some light on those two for me?

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

It’s like the difference between loathing and self-loathing. 

The two that confuse me are flammable and inflammable, can any of our learned types cast some light on those two for me?

It's something to do with Latin.

Loathing and self-loathing aren't the same as self-isolating and isolating.  Isolation is the state of being separated, I don't think it distinguishes between how the isolation takes place, at least it never has been as far as I'm aware.  

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's something to do with Latin.

Loathing and self-loathing aren't the same as self-isolating and isolating.  Isolation is the state of being separated, I don't think it distinguishes between how the isolation takes place, at least it never has been as far as I'm aware.  

The self part is how it comes about, like self-isolation implies a choice on your part whereas enforced-isolation doesn't.