oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

The self part is how it comes about, like self-isolation implies a choice on your part whereas enforced-isolation doesn't.

Yeah I know that, I'm just saying it means the same thing.  If I isolate myself, as I have done once when I had the flu, that's just isolation.  Nobody forced me into it, I did it myself, but it's still isolation.

Anyway, if this is the biggest thing that we have to worry about regarding the virus then we'll be doing ok 👍

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

flammable and inflammable

They both mean flammable or in simple parlance has a propensity to burn or can catch fire. The difference is adding the "in" to the front of "flammable" would usually mean that its "not" but due to a quirk of Latin translation in this case it doesn't so in essence they both mean the same thing. The opposite to "flammable" is "non flammable" so I try to stick to those two to keep it simple unless of course when wanting to "inflame" a situation or someone asks is it "flame retardant"? 🙂

24 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

They both mean flammable or in simple parlance has a propensity to burn or can catch fire. The difference is adding the "in" to the front of "flammable" would usually mean that its "not" but due to a quirk of Latin translation in this case it doesn't so in essence they both mean the same thing. The opposite to "flammable" is "non flammable" so I try to stick to those two to keep it simple unless of course when wanting to "inflame" a situation or someone asks is it "flame retardant"? 🙂

Just as I thought, no difference at all. Thanks for the info. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

Does anyone know what the Early Bird ST deadline is? I'm sure it's April but can't seem to find it. Be also interesting if they still enforce it! 

I can't find it in the email they send me with my renewal. It would be sensible of them to extend it. Not many going to be renewing at the minute (even with the positive performance against FC Basel last night). 

I also want to know what happens with this year's ST if the games get played behind closed doors. Do we get a partial refund? 

1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

I can't find it in the email they send me with my renewal. It would be sensible of them to extend it. Not many going to be renewing at the minute (even with the positive performance against FC Basel last night). 

I also want to know what happens with this year's ST if the games get played behind closed doors. Do we get a partial refund? 

Well I'm thinking if the Early discount is after the 4th April that will be good as they will have to issue something once this first delay gets extended. Until it's confirmed no football will be played after the 3rd April I guess we might not hear too much. 

I am bored at work so thought would look at how EFL can complete season by 30th June if it resumes on Friday 1st May 2020.

I am hoping we can resume by then and I think we will, even if first few games are to be behind closed doors..

With that in mind there are 9 games to go so regular season could be completed in 5 weeks if you play 3 games a week on week 1, 3 and 5 with a 7 day break in between those weeks. it would not be overly strenuous on anyone. Something along the lines of:-

Sat 2nd May: SWANSEA

Tues 5th May: Stoke

Sat 9th May: Hull

---

Sat 16th May QPR

Tues 19th May: Millwall

Sat 23rd May: BRISTOL

----

Sat 30th May: Reading

Wed 3rd June: CARDIFF

Sun 7th June: Sheff Wed

---

Plays offs as follows

Fri 12 June - Sun 14th June: Plays off (two games played each day)

Tues 16th June - Thurs 19th June: 2nd legs

Fri 25th June - Sun 27th June: Finals

#6 weeks to go

Johnson seemed to think things wouldn’t be back to normal for 12 weeks, that would mean that the season would restart on the weekend of 13th June.
The fact that special dispensation has been made by the FA to extend the season beyond July 1st makes me think that the season will go on beyond that date. 

Premier league 20/21 season wont start until this one ends according to sources. 

Lots of ways to shorten next season so i think its a good call. Still makes this season relevant and puts pressure on getting the season going again. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

Premier league 20/21 season wont start until this one ends according to sources. 

Lots of ways to shorten next season so i think its a good call. Still makes this season relevant and puts pressure on getting the season going again. 

Makes sense, really. Would be odd to sack off a season with so much already invested for one that hasn't started.

Players out of contract seems to be the issue though.