oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

56 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The stupidety at the club never ceases to amaze me. If we are ready to waiver 7,5 million and even top it to get a defender back who hasn't played for two years I'm ready to give up on the club ever being properly run. We will forever be a club run on emotions rather than common sense and it will hold us back. That signing has all the hallmarks of Downing mk.2. We will probably even make him the leagues top earner and to make it happen the rest of our signings will be scraps from league 1.

None of it has happened yet and that information is based on his feeling, not actual information or facts - no point taking a dig at the club yet.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Borodane said:

It's just slightly odd to me that despite being short of money we want to keep someone at the club for his influence when he clearly isn't good enough anymore. But I suppose if the money is right and Friend wants to wind down it would be a decent move, but I can't help but think the money could be spent better ie. on a genuine qualified coach for the first team.

I think woodgate will be thinking of his last season with the club where he re signed as a player but was clearly a backup there for his knowledge and influence. If he thinks george can do the same thing then im for it, so long as the money is reflective of his position in the squad.

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

None of it has happened yet and that information is based on his feeling, not actual information or facts - no point taking a dig at the club yet.

While you are obviously right I'm just taking it for granted as it would be exactly the kind of thing this club would do😪 I hope we don't though

2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

At this moment I would love to see Gestede up front in fact Lee Dong Gook!

We would even settle for you up front Alan with Teddy as your support striker 😂

21 hours ago, Brunners said:

He could genuinely win boro a cup. I am glad he has been able to make a name for himself though 

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

He could genuinely win boro a cup. I am glad he has been able to make a name for himself though 

And it’s the only cup that was open to all the teams in the world without the distraction of their own leagues. Come on BORO 🤪

Have any of ITK board residents bee  given any snippets of transfer news?

Anything whispers in terms of players we might be looking at? Or any players close to sign new deal etc? 

1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

Heard Boro and few other clubs were not in great shape at all financially due to this situation. EFL loan has been covering them for March

I doubt if any club would have allowed for a complete shutdown in their budgets. This is going to affect everyone in every walk of life. To quote Mowbray.... it is what it is 

What is affecting Boro because it's not like we are raking in huge crowds and it seems like gate reciepts was always a relatively low income compared to our total budget and we've only had 1 home game anyway. TV money isn't particularly big either in the Championship and it's not my understanding that it's paid on a monthly basis anyway. What income have we missed out on in the previous month to put us into the bother?

Has there been any rumours about playing staff reducing their wages to save the regular staff in this time? Plenty of clubs around europe have done so and it's beginning to show in Denmark too.

8 hours ago, Blanco said:

I doubt if any club would have allowed for a complete shutdown in their budgets. This is going to affect everyone in every walk of life. To quote Mowbray.... it is what it is 

Think we all knew that as far as Boro were concerned that we are not financially as strong as many were led to believe, this situation will expose totally just how bad things are for many clubs including our own.

With so many small to medium businesses in danger due to not getting the promised grants thus causing financial grief to their staff many will not be able to afford football anyway. Simply can not see how all football clubs will survive 

There's a story on BBC News this morning saying that a fifth of small-to-medium businesses in the UK won't survive four weeks of lockdown. From the conversations I'm having with small business owners, I can well believe that. I wonder whether a similar proportion of football clubs would be in similar jeopardy? Not necessarily Boro, but local clubs, amateur teams, the heavily indebted and the badly run.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52114414

Volkswagen is haemorrhaging two billion Euros a week, even with all its factories shut. Unavoidable costs pile up regardless of whether you've furloughed your staff and shut your premises, and I can't imagine small clubs would have any reserves to pay essential bills for more than a few weeks. It's frightening to think how different the football pyramid might look next season if the current level of lockdown is extended beyond a week on Monday.