oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Assombalonga is still undoubtedly our most talented striker in my opinion  and with this break form goes completely out of the window and we should be picking a lineup based on talent and what shape the players have kept themselves in. 

Stojanovic

Moukoudi Ayala fry

McNair howson wing friend 

Roberts assombalonga coulson

I prefer mcnair as a right wing back with howson inside but can be interchangeable really. Coulson instead of friend with tav taking the left forward spot is a possibility too but I'd like to see Coulson keep the position he had when we finished.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Assombalonga is still undoubtedly our most talented striker in my opinion  and with this break form goes completely out of the window and we should be picking a lineup based on talent and what shape the players have kept themselves in. 

Stojanovic

Moukoudi Ayala fry

I prefer mcnair as a right wing back with howson inside but can be interchangeable really. Coulson instead of friend with tav taking the left forward spot is a possibility too but I'd like to see Coulson keep the position he had when we finished.

Regarding players I don't really want to see Friend back in the side, but I also don't think that Tav has played well enough to be a guaranteed starter. However Tav is the future and Friend is the past, so I'd probably stick Coulson at lwb and Tav ahead og him. Howson at rwb works better than McNair I think, so get McNair central which is also a position from where he has bagged a few goals. Howson never seems to score, so is of less use centrally.

1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

Stojanovic

Moukoudi Ayala fry

I like shape of that NB. I am changing my team to what yours looks like.

God it feels like such a long time since we played. I would stick to who was (sort of) playing well before the break and go with something like this: 

----------------Stojanovic------------

-----Shotton--Moukoudi--Ayala----

-Howson-Clayton-Wing-Johnson-

---Roberts--Gestede---Coulson---

Bench: Pears, Fry, Britt, Fletch, Spence, Saville, McNair 

Just to remind everyone in case you forgo( because i had):

We are currently 19th and 2pts above relegation zone on 41pts.

Barnsley, Luton and Charlton in bottom 3. Charlton occupy last relegation spot on 39pts

In between us and that final relagation spot it is Wigan and Hull. Both like us on 41pts. Wigan goal difference is -12. Hulls is -14. Ours is slightly better at -10

GK: Stoj

RB: Shotton

LB: George

CB: Ayala

CB: Mouk

DM: Clayts

DM: Howson

RM: Roberts

LM: Tav/Coulson

AM: Wing

ST: Britt/Fletch

-I think most of our best performances have came with a 4411 (West Brom away)

-Went for a big experienced defence that will be a good base to start from. No McNair because he's a big useless donkey. The rest is self-explanatory.

1 hour ago, mendieta420 said:

-Went for a big experienced defence that will be a good base to start from. No McNair because he's a big useless donkey. The rest is self-explanatory.

Not really. It doesn’t explain the inclusion of Friend who has been far from championship standard for god knows how long. What makes you think he will suddenly be good enough? Genuine question as I used to love him but I think he is finished. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Paddy had a good game in our last game v Charlton. Took his goal well too.

On 4/20/2020 at 5:42 PM, mendieta420 said:

Give over.

On 4/20/2020 at 8:37 PM, TLF10 said:

Paddy had a good game in our last game v Charlton. Took his goal well too.

I thought he was ok in the game, went missing for periods, I remember him giving the ball away a lot early.

He's a central defender playing in midfield.

On 4/20/2020 at 6:58 PM, Borodane said:

Not really. It doesn’t explain the inclusion of Friend who has been far from championship standard for god knows how long. What makes you think he will suddenly be good enough? Genuine question as I used to love him but I think he is finished. 

Plainly disagree. When it comes to defending I think he's been the best of a bad bunch.

Gazette reporting Hull will not look to sign free agent Marcus Maddison in summer as to do so they would need to pay Peterborough a 6 figure sum.

Hull apparently did a deal where they paid a 6 figure sum for an initial loan and then would pay a further 6 figure to sign him permanently.

Obv other clubs are not in Hulls position and would not need to pay a fee at all for him.

One for maybe us to look at in summer? Gazette suggesting our lack of interest previously was due to price tag.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Gazette reporting Hull will not look to sign free agent Marcus Maddison in summer as to do so they would need to pay Peterborough a 6 figure sum.

Hull apparently did a deal where they paid a 6 figure sum for an initial loan and then would pay a further 6 figure to sign him permanently.

Obv other clubs are not in Hulls position and would not need to pay a fee at all for him.

One for maybe us to look at in summer? Gazette suggesting our lack of interest previously was due to price tag.

If he is free he is worth a punt 

2 hours ago, boroie said:

He was looking for massive wages too, that might rule us out. 

Yeah i read that too. Well given he wont be going PL he will need to lower his wage demands given impact covid-19 has had on EFL. The likes of Charlton and Birmingham could not meet his wage demands before covid-19...

Hello,

Quick question for those who usually post itk info on here such as @Smoggydownsouth, @Lurker, @diggerlad07 and I know there a few more but cant recall all the posters name. Sorry.

Have you heard any info regarding incoming transfers or updates on players contracts during lockdown? I know given current situation chances of such info is limited but thought would ask in case you had any little snippets?

Thank you