oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I suppose Maddison could still be a decent option due to him not commanding a fee but then we don't know about his wage demands and there have been rumblings about his personality. My guess is he would be worth a punt if he is willing to accept a deal similar to that of someone like Dijksteel. A league 1 player promoted to the Championship should never be among the top third highest earners. Squad wages and he could be decent. How did he do for Hull before the shut down? I see he featured in 7 games.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

20 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Hello,

Quick question for those who usually post itk info on here such as @Smoggydownsouth, @Lurker, @diggerlad07 and I know there a few more but cant recall all the posters name. Sorry.

Have you heard any info regarding incoming transfers or updates on players contracts during lockdown? I know given current situation chances of such info is limited but thought would ask in case you had any little snippets?

Thank you

Last I heard was a few weeks ago that Ayala has informed Woodgate he wants a fresh challenge.

HOwson agreed 2year contract providing we don't get relegated 

10 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Last I heard was a few weeks ago that Ayala has informed Woodgate he wants a fresh challenge.

HOwson agreed 2year contract providing we don't get relegated 

Going to be difficult for those players wishing for a new challenge because I feel that they will have to take a substantial cut in their current pay rates. However with Ayala perhaps he wants to play in Spain?

52 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Going to be difficult for those players wishing for a new challenge because I feel that they will have to take a substantial cut in their current pay rates. However with Ayala perhaps he wants to play in Spain?

Ayala was always going to have to take a pay cut here to extend the contract, so he likely won't lose anything by going somewhere else. On the contrary he might be in for a healthy sign-on bonus and better wages due to not commanding a fee. I'll be sad to see him go but I fully understand why he wants to move. We're not getting promoted anytime soon, have no money and have a rookie manager out of his depth. He'll be better off being a squad player for a bottom prem team or go to a team likely to battle for promotion or a relegated team.

I was all for keeping Ayala. I think he's our best defender and imo top 3 in the league. 

However I think its maybe a good time for all parties to call it a day. His injury concerns are unlikely to get better as he goes into 30's. He'll likely be on a fair wedge to. 

We offered not far off what hes on right now, as we know we would have to pay the same amount if not more to replace him, and we knew it would be tough to do so.  Ayala wanted to explore other options, but we offered him a class contract. That what it was around Jan time anyway. 

3 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

We offered not far off what hes on right now, as we know we would have to pay the same amount if not more to replace him, and we knew it would be tough to do so.  Ayala wanted to explore other options, but we offered him a class contract. That what it was around Jan time anyway. 

I don't know what he is in on but I don't think he is the same player that signed the current contract. His injuries seem like they are starting to add up and it affects not only his ability but also the stability in our defence. I appreciate that it's probably going to cost more to replace him with a new player, but if it's true that Woodgate wants to keep Moukoudi and if it's at all possible then I'd be content with moving forward with Fry and Moukoudi as a partnership. And that's before we start talking about Ben Gibson.

But when all is said and done I fully understand why Ayala wants to explore other options. He won't be playing Prem football with boro again so maybe he wants to see if he can get a move to a promotion chaser.

For me Ayala leaving just concretes what I heard a few months ago that Gibson will definately be a Boro player before the new season. 

I know Burnley still owe us money as it was installments so it will be interesting to see if it's permanent or loan deal.

Gutted, that Ayala is leaving tbh as he's an excellent CB for Championship level and has been an excellent servant. Loved by his team mates.

I must say I think Leeds can do a lot better especially if they get promoted, so I can't see that happening tbh unless hes going to play back up.

54 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Karanka’s keepy up challenge with some interesting nominations 😂

Kinda goes against the rumours that bridges have been burned between ak and Steve gibson!

I seen Ben still calls him gaffer too, maybe the dressing room atmosphere wasnt as bad as people like us to think!