oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

Purely because i am bored and cant get too sleep i done the following for next season (on the very strong wish we remain in this league):-

@Smoggydownsouth and @diggerlad07 and all the other ITK posters. Please let me know if i am dreaming or the below is realistic? 

Stoajanovic

Dijksteel, Fry, Gibson, NEW LB

Paddy, Howson, Wing

Roberts, Lyle Taylor, Coulson

I stuck Couslon as a front 3 as Woodgate keeps saying "he a left winger who been doing a job for us all season as a left back/left wing back". Hoping next season Howson can play in the middle of the park as a more forward-thinking defensive midfielder.

The back-up could look as follows in a 3.4.3:

Pears

Wood, New CB, Friend

Spence, Sav, Tav, Bola

Browne, NEW CF, Fletcher

Conclusion

SELL: Britt, release Shotton, Clayton, Johnson and Rudy. 

NEED: 6 new players

1.       2 new centre backs, (hopefully one is Gibson),

2.       A left back

3.       A wide player (hopefully Roberts)

4.       2 strikers (to replace Britt and Rudy, hopefully one is Lyle Taylor)

Right, having solved our issues for next season I am now off to bed.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Celtic in the January transfer window were really interested and offered around £7million which was laughed away by the club, so the price is going to be further down with his recent form, injuries and this pandemic.

"Laughed off" seems a bit excessive by Boro. That would also mean saving 40k a week for rougly 20 weeks ie 800k. I'd say 7 million was more than I was hoping for in january and that sale could have gotten us a decent winger and another loan striker. I think that sale would have made us a lot stronger but instead we had to rely on a dud signing like Ravel Morrison. We will be lucky to get more than 4 million in the summer for Britt and all wages covered.

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

"Laughed off" seems a bit excessive by Boro. That would also mean saving 40k a week for rougly 20 weeks ie 800k. I'd say 7 million was more than I was hoping for in january and that sale could have gotten us a decent winger and another loan striker. I think that sale would have made us a lot stronger but instead we had to rely on a dud signing like Ravel Morrison. We will be lucky to get more than 4 million in the summer for Britt and all wages covered.

Is he on about Patrick Roberts and City turning down 7m? Or Britt? 

4 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Is he on about Patrick Roberts and City turning down 7m? Or Britt? 

I read it as Boro laughed off Celtics 7 million bid for Britt.

We were really interested in signing Toney in January and were hoping to shift Britt on for around £10million to help finance that deal along with Gibson but Celtic wouldn't go any further than £7million (and that was in installments) .

I have heard on numerous occasions that Celtic don't pay substantial fees with a 1 off payment, they like to spread deals out because they know they can sell the majority of players on a higher price (as the league is ***). Something, that I think we should be looking at doing tbh whilst we are in the championship.

37 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

We were really interested in signing Toney in January and were hoping to shift Britt on for around £10million to help finance that deal along with Gibson but Celtic wouldn't go any further than £7million (and that was in installments) .

I have heard on numerous occasions that Celtic don't pay substantial fees with a 1 off payment, they like to spread deals out because they know they can sell the majority of players on a higher price (as the league is ***). Something, that I think we should be looking at doing tbh whilst we are in the championship.

Except we manage to make the championship look really hard 😄

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The reason we make the championship look really hard is because IT IS really hard, perhaps the most competetive league in Europe. This season  there are big clubs in there such as West Brom, Leeds, Derby, Stoke, Fulham and Forest whose fans all think the same as us that they deserve to be in the premiership. Not forgetting other teams such as Blackburn, QPR, Sheff Wed, Swansea and Huddersfield who all have good premiership experience. All came down and none have got back in recent years.

2 minutes ago, oldman said:

The reason we make the championship look really hard is because IT IS really hard, perhaps the most competetive league in Europe. This season  there are big clubs in there such as West Brom, Leeds, Derby, Stoke, Fulham and Forest whose fans all think the same as us that they deserve to be in the premiership. Not forgetting other teams such as Blackburn, QPR, Sheff Wed, Swansea and Huddersfield who all have good premiership experience. All came down and none have got back in recent years.

With our transfer- and club strategy I don't think we deserve to be in the Premier League.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

With our transfer- and club strategy I don't think we deserve to be in the Premier League.

Neither do I but tell that to the fans

I see EG running another story on Jack Clarke. I know it means absolutely nothing as all newspapers are really struggling for sports stories at moment.

However, how would people feel if we got him on loan for next season?

Had a very poor season. Non existent at Leeds and QPR his appearances been limited (albeit could make an impression in remaining 9 games).

JW seems a big fan. "I really like him. He is a very very good player" was his quote in Jan whilst accepting we were not gonna get him as Spurs wanted him to remain in London.

If we could get him and Roberts in on loan for next season i would be happy.

Just seen EG article on Bamford. We could be due some money if they are promoted as forgot his sale was £7m rising to £10m. I assume some of that £3m will have been based on promotion? Given that and approx £2m we are due from Braithwaite move to Barca, it could be a handy sum of money. Albeit every chance money could be eaten up to cover losses due to covid-19. 

I've always been 100% convinced that we should complete this season but I'm starting to think we should follow league 2 by finishing it on the points based system they used.

That way we can start pre season at the usual time, theres no issue with players whos contracts are running out and the transfer window and next season start times remain the same.

It just seems to make more sense

On 5/16/2020 at 10:31 PM, TLF10 said:

I see EG running another story on Jack Clarke. I know it means absolutely nothing as all newspapers are really struggling for sports stories at moment.

However, how would people feel if we got him on loan for next season?

Had a very poor season. Non existent at Leeds and QPR his appearances been limited (albeit could make an impression in remaining 9 games).

JW seems a big fan. "I really like him. He is a very very good player" was his quote in Jan whilst accepting we were not gonna get him as Spurs wanted him to remain in London.

If we could get him and Roberts in on loan for next season i would be happy.

He is an obvious target for a lot of clubs. Will likely be affordable on loan but after this season I'd suspect that Tottenham will look at assurances of gametime. There should be plenty of that here though, considering we only really have Coulson who can play wide with some succes. If we can somehow retain Roberts and also sign Clarke then we'd have three quick and tricky wingers for two spots, which will be a massive improvement on the last 15 or so years. 

Hopefully we will have some money to spend. The 2 million bonus from the Braithwaite transfer and getting big contracts off the books in the summer should hopefully help while we might also get some money when Leeds are promoted if there is a promotion bonus in the Bamford deal.

It's hard to say how much we are impacted from the lockdown. It's not like the lack of matchday revenue from the last 4 home games can have that big an effect and TV revenue isn't huge in the Championship anyway, so if that's suspended for the remaining 9 games, then I can't see it being a huge sum. What else are we losing money on? Sponsorhips? I know the club are subsidising the final 20% of the staff wages, but they are still "saving" the 80% compared to normal.