oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Each to their own but I don't think putting people at risk who don't need to be at risk is 'getting on top of the virus'. I don't know what area of work you're in mate and I feel for you being put into that position but I don't even agree with the government's assessment of everyone who is already at work because I believe that is actually gonna prove to be less about getting on top of the virus and as much about having a functioning economy as soon as possible.

There's no perfect way of doing it but for example, I don't think re-opening KFCs and McDonalds is the same as keeping supermarkets and hospitals running. And whilst the bill will have to be paid at some point (so we can't just expect the government to pay for everything), trying to pay it when we're all still at risk is not good. And that means to me that those who have been sent back to work recently probably shouldn't have been and footballers probably shouldn't be scapegoated into doing the same thing just because the decision regarding other people is wrong.

It is actually possible to open up and not risk people’s health. It’s exactly what we are doing in Denmark these weeks and the number of infected people are declining, less people are in intensive care and the infection number is down from 0.9 to 0.6 despite opening restaurants and all other shops. Football is back next week under closed doors and training started two weeks ago. Only one player in the top 2 divisions has so far tested positive and he was isolated for 14 days. 
Whether you like I or not football is a huge business that creates thousands of jobs, certainly in England, and you can’t just shut all that down until there is no risk at all. Until there is an actual cure we just have to learn to live with it. You even have experts saying that we might have to just live with it because it will die down to an extend where a cure isn’t really needed. 
This is not me not caring about those who are vulnerable, but in the bigger picture we need to get societies back on track and I genuinely can’t see it’s risking people’s health unneccesarily. If they are tested 1-2 a week it’s probably even safer for them than sending their kids to school. 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion football returns...a number of players have reservations about training.... think this could be drawn out myself 

I wonder what their reservations would be like if they were on £2,500 a month for a while?

24 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I wonder what their reservations would be like if they were on £2,500 a month for a while?

I realise virtually all people have concerns about going back to work if it is amongst other people. However footballers have the luxury of not returning as the money will keep coming in. I know that the return of football isn't the most pressing issue but eventually the players will have to put there toe in the water.

2 hours ago, Borodane said:

It is actually possible to open up and not risk people’s health.

That is simply not true. Your reproduction rate might be declining but it's still a risk to people's health. So what if I see 2 people and it only infects one of them on average? Vulnerable people can still get the virus and the likelihood of them getting it is increased the more open we make society, that's why we locked down to begin with and it's why the reproduction rate is down at all to begin with. And a vulnerable person is not more or less protected when they get the virus because of R.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

That is simply not true. Your reproduction rate might be declining but it's still a risk to people's health. So what if I see 2 people and it only infects one of them on average? Vulnerable people can still get the virus and the likelihood of them getting it is increased the more open we make society, that's why we locked down to begin with and it's why the reproduction rate is down at all to begin with. And a vulnerable person is not more or less protected when they get the virus because of R.

I think you might have missed a word out there unless the breaking news is that Borodane has started firing blanks? 🙃

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

We are being linked with 24yr old winger Jordan Ibe. He is being released by Bournemouth on July 1st.

hahaha I saw the news of him getting released when sky sports announced it yesterday and wondered how long it'd take for us to be linked with him. Not long, it turns out

Edited by RealSlimSladeyy

Personally think Ibe needs to move away from near home to get his career back on tomorrow. All the headlines he created in recent years been for wrong reasons. Yet at Liverpool he never seem to be make headlines for wrong reasons. A move back up north might be just what he needs.

@Smoggydownsouth. U heard any boro news in last few weeks pal?

Well we are desperate for winger's and if he did come he'll be coming determined to get his career back on track. However I do struggle to see him accepting our wage offer 

15 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Well we are desperate for winger's and if he did come he'll be coming determined to get his career back on track. However I do struggle to see him accepting our wage offer 

If he really didn't want to join us before because it was too cold then just how determined do we think he is to get his career anywhere at all?  Another next payday player if ever I've seen one.

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Personally think Ibe needs to move away from near home to get his career back on tomorrow. All the headlines he created in recent years been for wrong reasons. Yet at Liverpool he never seem to be make headlines for wrong reasons. A move back up north might be just what he needs.

@Smoggydownsouth. U heard any boro news in last few weeks pal?

Not really mate.... friend prob gets a player coach contract but that's all I have heard.

8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If he really didn't want to join us before because it was too cold then just how determined do we think he is to get his career anywhere at all?  Another next payday player if ever I've seen one.

It’s to cold is just a polite way of saying “ Middlesbrough?? No fu****ing chance”