• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If he really didn't want to join us before because it was too cold then just how determined do we think he is to get his career anywhere at all?  Another next payday player if ever I've seen one.

That was in January. Just get him up there in July/august. 

I could not find an appropriate thread title to put this so thought would stick it on here:-

Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating. No doubt a bit strange under partial lock-down but hope it is a lovely day of celebrations for you. All the best. #UTB

• Like 2
13 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I could not find an appropriate thread title to put this so thought would stick it on here:-

Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating. No doubt a bit strange under partial lock-down but hope it is a lovely day of celebrations for you. All the best. #UTB

I would be interested to see the breakdown of our supporters done by ethnicity (obviously not the same as religion). I'd guess we have one of the least ethnically diverse fan bases in England. 

Someone I vaguely know is Muslim and a boro fan. Lives in the area, got to a fair few games. Him and his mates used to ring into BBC tees after the game with the message "can we get a shoutout for <muslim boro fan> who's travelled all the way from Iran to see the boro tonight." Was always funny hearing Ali read that one out hahah

51 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I would be interested to see the breakdown of our supporters done by ethnicity (obviously not the same as religion). I'd guess we have one of the least ethnically diverse fan bases in England. 

Someone I vaguely know is Muslim and a boro fan. Lives in the area, got to a fair few games. Him and his mates used to ring into BBC tees after the game with the message "can we get a shoutout for <muslim boro fan> who's travelled all the way from Iran to see the boro tonight." Was always funny hearing Ali read that one out hahah

Yeah i imagine you are right.

I am a British Pakistani Muslim so you can definitely add me as a Boro fan who comes from an ethnic background 😊.  

Albeit I don't travel from any exotic overseas destination to watch the Boro. Just from Yarm. Haha 

14 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Yeah i imagine you are right.

I am a British Pakistani Muslim so you can definitely add me as a Boro fan who comes from an ethnic background 😊.  

Albeit I don't travel from any exotic overseas destination to watch the Boro. Just from Yarm. Haha 

I was born in North Tees hospital and grew up in Roseworh, Stockton on Tees, so I would very much count Yarm as exotic 😉

Haha @Uwe. Used to be a nice pizza place Roseworth. Forgot its name. I was born and raised in North Ormesby in Middlesbrough. We could do a chat on where boro fans on here are from but this might be wrong thread for it haha.

As i said before on here I am not ITK at all when it comes to football but my friend does the occasional work as a scout for a championship club. I was talking to him today about football and asked him if he has any Boro related transfer gossip for me and he told me following :-

1.) Plenty of interest in Ayala from championship. He said Fulham are ones he know were interested and still could be. They wanted him in January but we would not budge and they ended up signing the lad from Huddersfield instead. Kongolo i think. He said its widely accepted amongst his peers Ayala is one of the best free transfer available this summer in championship so expects interest in him to be even higher since coranavirus given his bosman status.

2.) He said Boro are keen on recruiting a new left back for the coming season. This bit did surprise me. Said before season ended he knows we had scouts watching Omar Richards of Reading and Pederson of Birmingham. Dont know the former but I have seen the latter play. Both are left backs. I did say maybe that was when we expected Friend to leave but he set to stay on now but he goes not the case as he reiterated what was said on here by others about Friend. Clubs asked about Friend but noises from both Friends camp and Boro all season have been he is expected to stay on with us.

@Smoggydownsouth or @diggerlad07 or any other ITK members. Have you heard anything about us possibly being in market for a new left back?

44 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

As i said before on here I am not ITK at all when it comes to football but my friend does the occasional work as a scout for a championship club. I was talking to him today about football and asked him if he has any Boro related transfer gossip for me and he told me following :-

1.) Plenty of interest in Ayala from championship. He said Fulham are ones he know were interested and still could be. They wanted him in January but we would not budge and they ended up signing the lad from Huddersfield instead. Kongolo i think. He said its widely accepted amongst his peers Ayala is one of the best free transfer available this summer in championship so expects interest in him to be even higher since coranavirus given his bosman status.

2.) He said Boro are keen on recruiting a new left back for the coming season. This bit did surprise me. Said before season ended he knows we had scouts watching Omar Richards of Reading and Pederson of Birmingham. Dont know the former but I have seen the latter play. Both are left backs. I did say maybe that was when we expected Friend to leave but he set to stay on now but he goes not the case as he reiterated what was said on here by others about Friend. Clubs asked about Friend but noises from both Friends camp and Boro all season have been he is expected to stay on with us.

@Smoggydownsouth or @diggerlad07 or any other ITK members. Have you heard anything about us possibly being in market for a new left back?

It wouldn't be terribly surprising.

Friend is shot, unfortunately, probably needs to look to move into coaching sooner rather than later. Our two left backs slated for next season are currently Bola & Coulson. One is out on loan & the other I believe is starting to be seen more as a winger (as he should be IMO).

I'm not sure about Coulson as a winger, if we are still looking to play 433 I would rather have Coulson as a left back than in the front 3.

Also I reckon it's fair to say that Coulson has been one of the stand out performers this season and most of them games has had him at left back.

What do others think?

7 minutes ago, mj south said:

I'm not sure about Coulson as a winger, if we are still looking to play 433 I would rather have Coulson as a left back than in the front 3.

Also I reckon it's fair to say that Coulson has been one of the stand out performers this season and most of them games has had him at left back.

What do others think?

10 games as left wing, 13 as left back.

He got better as the season went on, and that was as he shifted to the wing.

His best game as left back was the first against Luton, and we conceded 3 goals. I've seen nothing to indicate he's a particularly good defender, but I think he's decent as a winger.

The only information I have is what I posted about a month ago reference Gibson, Friend and Ayala other than that I don't have any transfer information. 

I know the club are looking at the overseas market this summer as there is some interesting free agents but I don't have any names as of yet

5 hours ago, TLF10 said:

The only information I have is what I posted about a month ago reference Gibson, Friend and Ayala other than that I don't have any transfer information really. I know the club are also looking at the overseas market this summer as there is some interesting free agents but all depends on what league we are in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

10 games as left wing, 13 as left back.

He got better as the season went on, and that was as he shifted to the wing.

His best game as left back was the first against Luton, and we conceded 3 goals. I've seen nothing to indicate he's a particularly good defender, but I think he's decent as a winger.

Cheers for the info, I didn't realise he had played that many games as winger but I'm happy to be corrected 👍

The below quote is what Woodgate sakd about Coulson so i certsinly think his long term future while Woodgate is here, is wide left. Fact he says he been forced to play him left back & left wing back suggests woodgate sees him as as one of front 3 players in a 4.3.3.

“Most of the season I have had to play Hayden at left wing-back or left back," said Woodgate.

"I haven’t had George fit. No one to really put in there to play that role George did. I've put Marvin (Johnson) in a few times but I have had to use Hayden there.

He is really a wide midfielder. That's where he played coming through the ranks".