oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

10 hours ago, mj south said:

I'm not sure about Coulson as a winger, if we are still looking to play 433 I would rather have Coulson as a left back than in the front 3.

Also I reckon it's fair to say that Coulson has been one of the stand out performers this season and most of them games has had him at left back.

What do others think?

Tend to agree with you on this as he seems better with the ball the longer the run he goes on.

Coulson can only get better but sadly he falls into the category of being "missed" when unavailable 

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

I thought Coulson was decent in the last game at Charlton as a LW. I certainly looked like there was a lot more action on our left side and he was available for the quick counter attacks. Get Roberts on the right and we finally have pace and players wanting to go past opponents on either wing.

11 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

I know the club are also looking at the overseas market this summer as there is some interesting free agents but all depends on what league we are in.

From the Danish league there are two decent players on free transfers that could be very interesting. One 27 year old aussie Mustafa Amini. Very dynamic CM. Great engine, can run with ball and has a great pass on him. The other is 21 year old Ghanaian defender Abdul Mumin however I think he will be targeting a league like Holland or Belgium. Both would be good additions to our squad at very low cost.

Nice to see Ayala& Friend  back in training. If football does return next month these are probably the last games Ayala will play for the club unless we somehow manage to negotiate a new deal with him. 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

From the Danish league there are two decent players on free transfers that could be very interesting. One 27 year old aussie Mustafa Amini. Very dynamic CM. Great engine, can run with ball and has a great pass on him. The other is 21 year old Ghanaian defender Abdul Mumin however I think he will be targeting a league like Holland or Belgium. Both would be good additions to our squad at very low cost.

You should email the club! If they are doing their due diligence as scouts, they'll at least look at them. 

27 minutes ago, Duvel said:

You should email the club! If they are doing their due diligence as scouts, they'll at least look at them. 

But where would I send it? Can't really find a suitable e-mail adress on the website. Besides DZ would hate me if we actually signed a player from the Danish league.

Ayala wife confirms during a Q&A on her Instagram that his future remains undecided. States they moved down south simply because they had outgrown they old home and if Ayala does get a new deal they will maybe get a house closer to Yarm.

I think it's fair to assume he is not staying despite his wife's diplomatic answer. There would be no need movd south just to come back here if he was staying.

• Like 1

I think the Ayala boat has already sailed, personally. We know we can't offer him anything decent and he will know that too. He's got a young family and will want to make the most out of his final years as a pro footballer.

14 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Ayala wife confirms during a Q&A on her Instagram that his future remains undecided. States they moved down south simply because they had outgrown they old home and if Ayala does get a new deal they will maybe get a house closer to Yarm.

I think it's fair to assume he is not staying despite his wife's diplomatic answer. There would be no need movd south just to come back here if he was staying.

He's wealthy enough to have multiple homes, and I'm sure he doesn't plan to live on Teesside after retiring.

He's only 5 or 6 years left in his football career, he's probably planning for the future.

Saying that, I'll be surprised if he stays.

50 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I think the Ayala boat has already sailed, personally. We know we can't offer him anything decent and he will know that too. He's got a young family and will want to make the most out of his final years as a pro footballer.

I did think this before Covid however now almost every club in the championship will be struggling financially so I don't really think they'll be many clubs that can offer him a deal that truly blows us out the water!

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Would be very very surprised if he plays another game for us being honest

24 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I did think this before Covid however now almost every club in the championship will be struggling financially so I don't really think they'll be many clubs that can offer him a deal that truly blows us out the water!

But then we will be in the same boat, mate. The offer on the table from us will have undoubtedly been based on COVID-19 never being around. We will almost certainly be reducing those terms, just the same way others will. And if it's about making the most of his final few years to get the most money at a good club, I still don't think we will be that club.

• Like 1

I know it's been said on here repeatedly that Ben Gibson is re-signing for us, and that's he's been training with us, so it's not a shock, but it's interesting that the club are including and naming him in the training photos now.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Wow 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

I know it's been said on here repeatedly that Ben Gibson is resigning for us, and that's he's been training with us, so it's not a shock, but it's interesting that the club are including and naming him in the training photos now.

Was literally just about to post this haha: 

image.png.617853ef45e6e4b741979367be0cbf51.png