oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

34 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

why is gibson training with us hahaha

He's been training with us basically all season. Even through the transfer window.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Oh interesting you think he wont even be involved in the final 9 games as well.

No I dont think he will be willing to play after his contract expires in a month.. he wont want to ruin his future.

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

No I dont think he will be willing to play after his contract expires in a month.. he wont want to ruin his future.

Fair enough. Harold and Fry until end of season. Then hopefully Gibson returns in summer to replace Ayala.

2 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

He's even in Boro gear such a strange situation. 

Well he wouldn't be training with us in his Burnley gear!  Maybe it was either the Boro gear or he had to train in his pants as he forgot his kit 🙃

It's just the training gear they all get given.  We've had players training with us before who didn't play for us at the time and they'd be given our training gear as well. 

Also, let's face it, Burnley don't give a toss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Burnley want shot of him... we want him... still not sure how we match his wages if it's a loan deal. Like a few have said its definitely in the pipeline.. for us we have to stay up or its curtains for nearly the entire first team squad. Money is tighter than tight as well.. Ayala offered 10k a week... that's a 16k wage drop a week. Same for Howson. We will push anyone out who is a big earner... Moukoudi could now be a free transfer due to no money in clubs. Talk is lots of good players will be moving club for no or next to nothing transfer fees... this pandemic has finally burst the bubble especially if you are outside top 6 clubs in the prem. Be very interesting. Window likely to be extended as well.

• Like 2

Thanks for info @Smoggydownsouth. Think Moukoudi will have plenty more suitors if he a free.

I think most of us on here have accepted that from the 7 out of contract players only Howson&Friend will remain. Albeit yesterday u mentioned Ayala wont play after 30th June as he wont want to risk his fitness. Wonder if any of the other 4 adapt the same approach.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Thanks for info @Smoggydownsouth. Think Moukoudi will have plenty more suitors if he a free.

I think most of us on here have accepted that from the 7 out of contract players only Howson&Friend will remain. Albeit yesterday u mentioned Ayala wont play after 30th June as he wont want to risk his fitness. Wonder if any of the other 4 adapt the same approach.

I agree though I am told he has been house hunting on Teeside.. staying up has to be the only aim though between now and end of season.

7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I agree though I am told he has been house hunting on Teeside.. staying up has to be the only aim though between now and end of season.

Definately. If we go down I fear there will have to be so many big changes that we will be down there for years to come. We simply have to stay up. We can only hope that if the season resumes our players will feel less pressure in empty stadiums and will finally show that we have more quality than the rest of the teams in the bottom 8.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Sorry who has been house hunting? Moukoudi or Ayala?