oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

I was just about to post this too @Blanco. What sort of fee do we think club would be looking at? Signed a new 3.5yr deal in Jan. If he ends up at a PL team i can see them loaning him out for a season. 

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I was just about to post this too @Blanco. What sort of fee do we think club would be looking at? Signed a new 3.5yr deal in Jan. If he ends up at a PL team i can see them loaning him out for a season. 

It’s very difficult to put a price on it under the current circumstances @TLF10 Somewhere between 5-8m I would guess?

42 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not sure we should be selling Tav, he's one of our best players.

But I guess money talks

It will depend on whether the club think he is worth sacrificing to fund a number of other deals.I would imagine that there will be at least one of these sort of deals this transfer window.

44 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not sure we should be selling Tav, he's one of our best players.

But I guess money talks

Yep I think that is it. Not one we want to sell but if we cant shift those we we do want to sell then i guess we will need to sell someone we would rather keep.

1 hour ago, Blanco said:

It’s very difficult to put a price on it under the current circumstances @TLF10 Somewhere between 5-8m I would guess?

That would my guess too mate. With the now obligatory sell on clause. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I disagree. Replacing Britt is not the hard part imo. Getting a good fee for him under the current circumstances with 1yr left on his deal is the hard part.

Ultimately we need to find a striker who gets between 12-15 goals a season as that is what we would lose with Britt.   

One of the ITK members on here said we are looking at Lyle Taylor who out of contract at end of season. He has 11 goals to his name and has missed a decent chunk of season. Other players include Nakhi Wells who cost Bristol £5m (same fee as we are maybe looking at for Britt) and has 15 goals.

Hugill on loan at QPR has 11 goals

Woodrow at Barnsely has 14 goals

Out of contract Fletcher at Sheff Wed has 13 goals.

I am not suggesting we should look at any of them but they have all offered better value for money than britt so getting more bang for your buck than we have from Britt is not hard. Might be for us due to our past incompetent scouting department but some other clubs managed it. Maybe we can this summer...

Sadly we do not operate in a bubble and if there are good value strikers out there then others will be looking at them. Boro are not an attractive prospect for players to come to at present. As for your examples:

- Nahki Wells is 30 and at a more successful club than Boro

- Hugill was tried and failed and was very heavily criticised by large sections of the fans

- Woodrow has had one good season in the championship with Barnsley but largely failed elsewhere

- Fletcher is 33

If you look at past scoring records then Brit's was exemplary everywhere he played, less so at Boro. I am not trying to defend him or be overly negative but signing a great striker in the championship is very difficult. If we are to take a punt on someone unproven and cheap then keep Brit as he scores goals, so we are not left without options if the new lad fails

56 minutes ago, mj south said:

Josh Murphy went to Cardiff for £11m, is Tav any worse than him?

Different circumstances, Norwich had a better foot to stand on IIRC, never mind the current situation with COVID undoubtedly affecting finances with clubs having less to spend and more desperate for money coming in than before. I'd not want to sell him either but weighing current circumstances into it, I would not be surprised to see a fee as low as £3m accepted, especially if we're relegated. I wonder if we are going to see a general downtrend in the average spend per player though which is my main consideration here.

Before all this I'd have hoped closer to £10m, it's that bad.

1 hour ago, mj south said:

Josh Murphy went to Cardiff for £11m, is Tav any worse than him?

As @wilsoncgp said below. A wholly different landscape now than one football was in when Murphy went for £11m.

Murphy went at height of transfer fees being crazy. Tav, if he leaves, will be going on the back of the huge impact of covid-19 on football.

• Like 1

I don't believe the Lyle Taylor links. We've been consistently linked with him every single window ever since we genuinely tried to sign him after the Ramsdens Cup. Just strikes me as lazy journalism. 

2 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I don't believe the Lyle Taylor links. We've been consistently linked with him every single window ever since we genuinely tried to sign him after the Ramsdens Cup. Just strikes me as lazy journalism. 

I think @Smoggydownsouth said few weeks ago we were interested in him.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think @Smoggydownsouth said few weeks ago we were interested in him.

I'd definitely believe SDS more than the mainstream media. And Taylor Is going to be Out of Contract I suppose - but if the Prem interest is genuine, he'd likely give that a shot given he's 30 and mightn't get another chance.

Typical Boro rumours though with the same old names doing the rounds! Rob Hulse will be next...

20 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I'd definitely believe SDS more than the mainstream media. And Taylor Is going to be Out of Contract I suppose - but if the Prem interest is genuine, he'd likely give that a shot given he's 30 and mightn't get another chance.

Typical Boro rumours though with the same old names doing the rounds! Rob Hulse will be next...

Haha. There is a name I miss. 

Re Lyle Taylor. Yep might look for one final big pay day. Can't blame him