• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Agent has been up for a chat but I'm told nothing more than that yet... boro could lose out as wont sign anyone until they confirm which division they are in.

Cheers for update mate. We best get them 3 wins we need as quickly as possible when season re-starts so we can crack on.

Interesting to see if Taylor turns out for Charlton in final 9 games given his contract situation

11 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Screenshot_20200530-190000.thumb.jpg.a43f35ecc7d3e0564c4f87c37a5ea415.jpg

QUIT STEALING MY POSTS, GAZETTE! 😂🤦‍♂️😛

Well apart from Vickers, I do know journalist personally and trust me he reads this forum quite a lot..... Honestly.

7 minutes ago, northern boro said:

One positive test at the Boro for Covid-19 10 in total at 8 clubs

Makes you wonder how many positives there actually is.. My nurse friend at James Cook reckons it takes upto 5 tests to get a positive from someone they know has it from chest x-rays.

• Wow 1
18 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Either way, football restarting is a really stupid idea.

I don't know about it being a stupid idea as this will appeal to many folks, however you feel that it is becoming a "must do" situation but I feel the timing could be proved wrong further down the line.

Too many warnings from Scientists and the likes indicates to me that we really should wait longer.

14 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Different circumstances, Norwich had a better foot to stand on IIRC, never mind the current situation with COVID undoubtedly affecting finances with clubs having less to spend and more desperate for money coming in than before. I'd not want to sell him either but weighing current circumstances into it, I would not be surprised to see a fee as low as £3m accepted, especially if we're relegated. I wonder if we are going to see a general downtrend in the average spend per player though which is my main consideration here.

Before all this I'd have hoped closer to £10m, it's that bad.

Ye I see what your saying, I suppose it's going to be hard to put a value on any player now, I really do hope that we keep hold of the likes of Tav as he could turn out to be a huge player for us.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I don't know about it being a stupid idea as this will appeal to many folks, however you feel that it is becoming a "must do" situation but I feel the timing could be proved wrong further down the line.

Too many warnings from Scientists and the likes indicates to me that we really should wait longer.

Is it "must do"?

People are still dying in their hundreds on a daily basis. We're having more death daily than many other countries have had in total. The fact that players and staff are testing positive for the virus now, after passing 2 other tests and being under strict lockdown guidance between training sessions, proves that the virus is still rife and the rate of infection is still a grave concern. Especially when Players of Colour are most at risk.

Football is completely insignificant right now. This is a purely economic and political decision by our government. It's not "must do" at all. 

• Like 4