oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

29 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Is it "must do"?

People are still dying in their hundreds on a daily basis. We're having more death daily than many other countries have had in total. The fact that players and staff are testing positive for the virus now, after passing 2 other tests and being under strict lockdown guidance between training sessions, proves that the virus is still rife and the rate of infection is still a grave concern. Especially when Players of Colour are most at risk.

Football is completely insignificant right now. This is a purely economic and political decision by our government. It's not "must do" at all. 

Tories gonna tory

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Also, Gianluca Festa is the latest "Boro Icons" interview and he did it wearing the 1999/2000 home shirt, what a legend

I loved this guy @Denzel Zanzibar. He was my favourite Boro player in my younger days. I loved his playing style, his passion to win and just generally how much of a hard b*stard he seemed to be. I think he did some form of martial arts actually during his time here.

3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I loved this guy @Denzel Zanzibar. He was my favourite Boro player in my younger days. I loved his playing style, his passion to win and just generally how much of a hard b*stard he seemed to be. I think he did some form of martial arts actually during his time here.

Wiki says he was "an accomplished martial arts master, a junior Italian tennis champion and captain of the Army team when he did his national service."

That's awesome, haha

And yeah, he was one of my favourite players when I was a kid. Also the fact he stayed after we got relegated and fought to get us back into the Premier League unlike a certain Italian who claims to still love the club.

I know this should be on a match day thread but just as abit of chit chat, as it looks as though Woodgate has a full squad to choose from what would your formation and line up be against Swansea when we get back up and running again?

32 minutes ago, mj south said:

I know this should be on a match day thread but just as abit of chit chat, as it looks as though Woodgate has a full squad to choose from what would your formation and line up be against Swansea when we get back up and running again?

Oh MJ i cant decide between following 3 formations.

The 3.1.4.1.1 worked well for us around Nov/Dec time.

Stojanovic

Makoudi Ayala Fry

Clayton

Howson Paddy Wing Coulson

Roberts

Britt 

OR we got the 4.3.3 with 2 playing off the main striker.

Stojanovic

Howson Ayala Fry Coulson

Paddy Clayton Wing

Robeets Tav

Rudy

Or maybe the 3.4.3

Stojanovic

Mokoudi Ayala Fry

Roberts Rudy Tav

In short the vast majority of my team picks itself bar 2 or 3 players depending on formation.

7 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Oh MJ i cant decide between following 3 formations.

The 3.1.4.1.1 worked well for us around Nov/Dec time.

Stojanovic

Makoudi Ayala Fry

Clayton

Roberts

Britt 

OR we got the 4.3.3 with 2 playing off the main striker.

Stojanovic

Howson Ayala Fry Coulson

Paddy Clayton Wing

Robeets Tav

Rudy

Or maybe the 3.4.3

Stojanovic

Mokoudi Ayala Fry

Roberts Rudy Tav

In short the vast majority of my team picks itself bar 2 or 3 players depending on formation.

The 433 is the one I'd definitely go with but maybe have Howson in midfield for Clayton and bring Spence in at RB, hopefully during this break Woodgate has managed to get the team to somehow master the type of football he was promising when he was appointed 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If one of the players has tested positive for COVID, as has been reported, do the rest of the squad have Isolate for 14 days?

I am not sure on that? Good Question though...

14 minutes ago, mj south said:

The 433 is the one I'd definitely go with but maybe have Howson in midfield for Clayton and bring Spence in at RB, hopefully during this break Woodgate has managed to get the team to somehow master the type of football he was promising when he was appointed 

Good point. I actually want to see Howson as a DM next year if he stays on.

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If one of the players has tested positive for COVID, as has been reported, do the rest of the squad have Isolate for 14 days?

I don’t think so. The player who tested positive only has to isolate for 7 days

31 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Only those who've been in contact with them I think. So their family would have to isolate for 14 days to ensure they didn't have it. Once you have it, so long as you're over the symptoms, 7 days isolation is usually what's needed.

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Wiki says he was "an accomplished martial arts master, a junior Italian tennis champion and captain of the Army team when he did his national service."

That's awesome, haha

And yeah, he was one of my favourite players when I was a kid. Also the fact he stayed after we got relegated and fought to get us back into the Premier League unlike a certain Italian who claims to still love the club.

In the interview he speaks about doing Brazilian jujitsu