oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

10 hours ago, Snowblind said:

The Daily Fail are reporting that Galatasaray are in for Lyle Taylor now... Odd one that.

Well if he doesn't like not getting paid then Turkey is probably the last country he'd want to go to.

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Well if he doesn't like not getting paid then Turkey is probably the last country he'd want to go to.

Ha! True... Think it was Souness who said, when he was manager there, they only got paid when they won...?

19 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Ha! True... Think it was Souness who said, when he was manager there, they only got paid when they won...?

That would be a great money saver for the Boro!

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, FamilyBoro said:

Has anybody’s account been credited yet with the 4 game refund?
Looking to renew ST but just waiting for it to show first. 

Don't think so. Although I have no idea where it would appear in the maze that is the MFC website!

I did email them just asking for the refund instead of the credit (as i've already renewed for next year, so didn't really want the credit just sitting around), but no reply or refund yet

One thing is with Ayala I really hope he doesn't go to Leeds. I don't know if I could handle another of my favourite players wearing that shirt. Paddy is hard enough.

20 minutes ago, Brunners said:

One thing is with Ayala I really hope he doesn't go to Leeds. I don't know if I could handle another of my favourite players wearing that shirt. Paddy is hard enough.

Is he off to Leeds? He’ll struggle in the top flight. 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Is he off to Leeds? He’ll struggle in the top flight. 

Seems to be the rumours I'm reading and the Gazette have reported about it over the last couple months. Just came to my mind again because the oneboro website reported it today.

On 6/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, diggerlad07 said:

I love how people are saying they don't want Lyle Taylor because of his attitude and refusing to play for Charlton, yet they are all for signing Ben Gibson.

Ben Gibson didn't refuse to play for Burnley but he refused to train at Burnley which for me is just as bad.

My view - which I know is not a popular one - is that Gibson has been extremely unprofessional and if one of our non-local players behaved in the same way then fans would be absolutely furious.  I also suspect that people may be disappointed if, as is sounding possible, he rejoins us because it will take him a while to get back to the form he had before he left us - if he ever does reach the same level.  He is not the magic solution to our problems which people seem to expect him to be.  I don't think coming back would be a good move for him because expectations are such that he is being set up to fail. He hasn't played a competitive match for goodness knows how long.

• Like 2

We know Ben Gibson is capable of vice-captaining a promotion side and looked good for us in the Prem.

We know Dael Fry performed poorly in a side around the relegation zone in the Champ.

If the choice was between the two, it's a very easy one..

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, northern boro said:

The latest round of testing has returned 9 positive tests with no new cases at the Boro

Good news. Dos this mean player who tested positive over weekend is now clear or will he have not been tested?

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Good news. Dos this mean player who tested positive over weekend is now clear or will he have not been tested?

He is still self isolating at home and due for a test in the next few days so won't of been tested.

Thank you @diggerlad07.

Club just uploaded 34 new training pictures from todays full contact session and being the sad individual i am I looked carefully at them all.

Only first team players I did not see within the pics were Dijksteel and Nmecha. 

Oh and Gibson still with us.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Thank you @diggerlad07.

Club just uploaded 34 new training pictures from todays full contact session and being the sad individual i am I looked carefully at them all.

Only first team players I did not see within the pics were Dijksteel and Nmecha. 

Oh and Gibson still with us.

Could well be Nmecha then. Dijksteel might still be injured, I don't think he was due back for a while and they might not be wanting to risk him.