oneBoro Forum

'Other Boro stuff'

17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Could well be Nmecha then. Dijksteel might still be injured, I don't think he was due back for a while and they might not be wanting to risk him.

Yep. JW said in an interview with bbc radio tees about 4 weeks ago that one good thing about the enforced break was he expects everyone to be fit bar "anfernee" so Dijksteel was never meant to be involved. Nmecha did train last week upon his return from city but seemingly not today. Hopefully he returns a negative test at weekend

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A great Athletic article on our youth recruitment in London (copied from the other site): Saturday afternoon in the north London postcode of N22: on White Hart Lane a steady stream of fans make t

The Times interview today with Chuba. I’ve missed all the pics out as I don’t know how to get the whole article across and it’s behind a firewall, but you get a good feeling of what he thinks.  

Superb article from The Athletic published today... Gives you a real sense that something special is being built. We've been crying out for this for so long.   Michael Walker 2h ago  2 

Posted Images

Lyle Taylor has explained that he is refusing to play because he is afraid he might get injured. This also counts the games this month when he is still under his normal contract. I hope the club has stopped paying him and I really don't want to see someone like that here at Boro, so if his agents are in touch I hope Woodgate tells them that he doesn't want to see someone as unprofessionel here. The original contract was until the end of the current season and I genuinely think players again show they have too much power and couldn't care less about the clubs that have paid them handsomely. Whats next? Every player out of contract in a normal season will simply refuse to play when we enter May because they are afraid they might get injured?

If you've taken your paycheck during the lockdown then I think you're obliged to finish the current season at the club. That's the spirit of the contract and players lick Taylor is simply taking the mick out of it because he doesn't hold an ounce of loyalty. Stay away from Boro please.

• Like 3

Premier League clubs been given permission to play friendlies as long as certain conditions are met. One of conditions is teams cannot travel more than 90 mins to play a friendly.

Given lower league clubs are no longer in training and Sunderland season looking like it could be curtailed, I can see ourselves and Newcastle arranging a friendly with one another in next week or two.

24 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Lyle Taylor has explained that he is refusing to play because he is afraid he might get injured. This also counts the games this month when he is still under his normal contract. I hope the club has stopped paying him and I really don't want to see someone like that here at Boro, so if his agents are in touch I hope Woodgate tells them that he doesn't want to see someone as unprofessionel here. The original contract was until the end of the current season and I genuinely think players again show they have too much power and couldn't care less about the clubs that have paid them handsomely. Whats next? Every player out of contract in a normal season will simply refuse to play when we enter May because they are afraid they might get injured?

If you've taken your paycheck during the lockdown then I think you're obliged to finish the current season at the club. That's the spirit of the contract and players lick Taylor is simply taking the mick out of it because he doesn't hold an ounce of loyalty. Stay away from Boro please.

They'd have to start paying him to stop.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Are you aware at all of the current situation at Charlton?

1 hour ago, Brunners said:

They'd have to start paying him to stop.

52 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm aware of the current situation at Charlton but he has been getting paid.  I don't understand why you two keep suggesting he hasn't been?  I know the club is a shambles but the players have still been getting their wages.  His decision not to play is solely based on fear that an injury might impact a potentially lucrative contract offer somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Apart from some unfounded speculation on here I have seen nothing to suggest he hasn’t been paid. Do you know that he hasn’t been paid? If he hasn’t, then I’m surprised he hasn’t just said so, instead of saying he can understand if people think he is a money grabbing player with no loyalty, but hopes that people will forgive him for only thinking about himself. 
There is nothing to suggest he hasn’t been happy taking his pay during the last few months without lifting a finger and now he can only think about himself. 

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

Where is the evidence to prove he has or hasn't getting paid? I haven't personally seen it yet.

I'm simply going by the fact that it doesn't seem to mentioned anywhere that they haven't been paid.  The Charlton forums I looked at haven't mentioned it and generally you'd expect to see it there.  It's not like that kind of thing stays secret for very long, and with all of the grief he's getting, it would be reasonable to assume that if he wasn't being paid, that he'd say so to defend himself.  All he's said is that the decision has been a really difficult one for him to make but that his fear of injury is such that he doesn't want to play, and that he knows he'll be seen by some as being greedy.  It's also perhaps worth pointing out that he was missing for two months earlier in the season after being injured playing for Montserrat and I assume he still received his Charlton wages then as well.  All in all, he'll have played about 4 months for Charlton this season but been paid for all 12 months, unless they refuse to pay him this month, which they should.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

None at all, at a guess, if he's expecting a big contract.

Agree. I think a lower end PL team will take a punt on him as a 2nd or 3rd choice striker. They got little to lose. Free transfer and if they offer him even 15k it will probs triple his current wages.